Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange encounter with truck ICEing last night. This gentleman claimed he was instructed by the Big Stop to park specifically in a Supercharger slot for the next 3 days. He name-dropped the franchisee Bill Allen. I checked inside and couldn't confirm his story.

Coast Guard employee from Murray Harbour PEI.
4CEE58BF-E41D-4F76-A3A6-818F39203B13.jpeg
40EFF3D2-CE95-4422-9652-60CA9352EE8C.jpeg
32CDDBD6-95AD-4927-A90A-248CB5A25FD1.jpeg

Strange encounter with truck ICEing last night. This gentleman claimed he was instructed by the Big Stop to park specifically in a Supercharger slot for the next 3 days. He name-dropped the franchisee Bill Allen. I checked inside and couldn't confirm his story.

That's a weird one. I assume that in the course of the conversation you would have picked up if he were an A-hole with a thing against EVs, and he's just in one stall, and all the way at the end; not what you'd do if you were trying to get in the way.

That's a weird one. I assume that in the course of the conversation you would have picked up if he were an A-hole with a thing against EVs, and he's just in one stall, and all the way at the end; not what you'd do if you were trying to get in the way.

I'm holding out hope his storey is legit otherwise it's kinda disturbing if he went out of his way to make something like that up. The back of that lot was probably used for a lot of "extended-period" parking over the years and maybe the owner is just trying to accommodate some of his long-term customers?

I had mixed feelings on doing so. The truck did not affect my ability to charge so I didn't feel justified in calling.
If there were several trucks with good ol’ boys that would of been a different story. We have to pick our battles and it has more to do with educating the public. We’d be surprised how little knowledge the general population has of evs. I was very impressed when I was shopping during the holidays at the main mall in Moncton that the chargers where never iced even though parking was full. The Tesla signs at Lincoln SC are all reserved for charging only and not for 30 min parking option. I think half of Aulac SC are for general parking.

I really do think you need to contact Tesla AND the manager of the store. And perhaps Irving corporate. No need to be unkind, but they need to know that these are not "nice to have", but CRITICAL to have fo Tesla owners. Especially in winter. Education is key and they'll never learn unless we explain.

It is no different than parking at a pump for 3 days.

It also sets a terrible precedent for other ICE drivers - who see those as prime spots - especially on weekends. When they see one person do it, they will too.

Oh, those spots are NOT prime ones. ;) They’re on the far side of the parking lot.

Someone has reached out to the General Manager, but I don’t have any details yet. Hopefully that’ll change by the end of the week.

Contacting Tesla about this would be pointless IMHO. It’s not really an issue they’re equipped to deal with. If the chargers malfunction, then that’s their wheelhouse. The land is the property owner’s to do with as they please, so all Tesla could do is the same thing we’re already doing: getting in touch with the site management.

Reactions: JSergeant
On a different note, I just heard from a contact at an electrical & construction firm that they've submitted bids for Elmsdale (or was it Enfield? There's little functional difference) and a couple additional SC locations in NB. It seems that after demonstrating that it could make a profit, Tesla is renewing focus on SC rollout. I suspect we'll be hearing more news of new permits shortly.

On a different note, I just heard from a contact at an electrical & construction firm that they've submitted bids for Elmsdale (or was it Enfield? There's little functional difference) and a couple additional SC locations in NB. It seems that after demonstrating that it could make a profit, Tesla is renewing focus on SC rollout. I suspect we'll be hearing more news of new permits shortly.
Where do you think Enfield Supercharger will be?

Oh, those spots are NOT prime ones. ;) They’re on the far side of the parking lot.

Someone has reached out to the General Manager, but I don’t have any details yet. Hopefully that’ll change by the end of the week.

Contacting Tesla about this would be pointless IMHO. It’s not really an issue they’re equipped to deal with. If the chargers malfunction, then that’s their wheelhouse. The land is the property owner’s to do with as they please, so all Tesla could do is the same thing we’re already doing: getting in touch with the site management.
I think Tesla should be notified in cases like this. Not to cause trouble for the driver if he was just doing what he was told, but to make it clear that these are not parking spots, they are "filling" spaces, just like a gas pump. If Tesla contacts the owner to ask them to avoid this kind of thing, it may nip it in the bud. It would carry more weight than a driver contacting them. There may even be a clause in the contract with Tesla saying the property owner needs to keep the spaces clear.

I have printed some notices that I leave on windshields when I see a charging space ICEd. It says "This is not a parking space. You have parked in a space reserved for charging electric vehicles (EVs). Parking in EV charging spaces prevents EV drivers from charging their cars, which could delay them on their trip or force them to wait until you move your car or until it gets towed. You wouldn’t park in a gas pump lane, so please don’t park in EV charging spaces. Thank you." I tried to make it polite but clear -- comments welcome.

Reactions: madmax240
There may even be a clause in the contract with Tesla saying the property owner needs to keep the spaces clear.
There is definitely language about this in the leases, but it's more along the lines of "Tesla and the property owners will discuss and come to some agreement about how to appropriately address the issue," it doesn't lay out explicit requirements for the owners to do X, Y, or Z.

I think Tesla should be notified in cases like this. Not to cause trouble for the driver if he was just doing what he was told, but to make it clear that these are not parking spots, they are "filling" spaces, just like a gas pump. If Tesla contacts the owner to ask them to avoid this kind of thing, it may nip it in the bud. It would carry more weight than a driver contacting them. There may even be a clause in the contract with Tesla saying the property owner needs to keep the spaces clear.

I have printed some notices that I leave on windshields when I see a charging space ICEd. It says "This is not a parking space. You have parked in a space reserved for charging electric vehicles (EVs). Parking in EV charging spaces prevents EV drivers from charging their cars, which could delay them on their trip or force them to wait until you move your car or until it gets towed. You wouldn’t park in a gas pump lane, so please don’t park in EV charging spaces. Thank you." I tried to make it polite but clear -- comments welcome.
The thing to keep in mind here is this: the property owner may do what they want with their own land.
If the property owner decides to pitch a tent in the supercharger spots, no one has ANY right to gainsay that. Enforcement of posted signage and towing may only occur at the property owners discretion.

The thing to keep in mind here is this: the property owner may do what they want with their own land.
If the property owner decides to pitch a tent in the supercharger spots, no one has ANY right to gainsay that. Enforcement of posted signage and towing may only occur at the property owners discretion.
Nonsense. The property owner has signed a contract with Tesla which has given Tesla certain rights AND entailed certain obligations on the property owner. Included within those leases are terms setting out the owner's obligation to ensure what is agreed upon as suitable access to the spaces for Tesla's customers (i.e. drivers) and recourse for Tesla in the event that such access isn't being properly maintained at an appropriate level. We as 3rd-party individuals may have no right say otherwise, but Tesla most assuredly does. Which is why contacting Tesla and making the problem known to them is the correct procedure. If you feel like it, by all means, try to get more immediate relief by approaching the owners/managers directly. But if they brush you off or you just don't feel comfortable doing that, then also talk to Tesla as they are the party with the contract. In the end, it's up to them to see that their rights are protected.

The end result of which may be the same bupkiss you might get from talking to the owners/management, but this idea that there's no potential process for addressing or trying to improve the matter--that the owners can 'do whatever they want and no one can gainsay them'--is ridiculous. Pure hogwash. That was only possibly true up until they signed the lease agreement.

EDIT: Just to be sure this statement isn't misconstrued, I'm not saying that Tesla or someone else can have the cars towed. Only that Tesla has a mechanism to potentially get the owners to take action on the matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter_M and MarcoRP
Nonsense. The property owner has signed a contract with Tesla which has given Tesla certain rights AND entailed certain obligations on the property owner. Included within those leases are terms setting out the owner's obligation to ensure what is agreed upon as suitable access to the spaces for Tesla's customers (i.e. drivers) and recourse for Tesla in the event that such access isn't being properly maintained at an appropriate level. We as 3rd-party individuals may have no right say otherwise, but Tesla most assuredly does. Which is why contacting Tesla and making the problem known to them is the correct procedure. If you feel like it, by all means, try to get more immediate relief by approaching the owners/managers directly. But if they brush you off or you just don't feel comfortable doing that, then also talk to Tesla as they are the party with the contract. In the end, it's up to them to see that their rights are protected.

The end result of which may be the same bupkiss you might get from talking to the owners/management, but this idea that there's no potential process for addressing or trying to improve the matter--that the owners can 'do whatever they want and no one can gainsay them'--is ridiculous. Pure hogwash. That was only possibly true up until they signed the lease agreement.

EDIT: Just to be sure this statement isn't misconstrued, I'm not saying that Tesla or someone else can have the cars towed. Only that Tesla has a mechanism to potentially get the owners to take action on the matter.
Tesla’s agreement only pertains to getting space to place the chargers and to ‘share’ the power bill. The physical space remains the owners. I say this having been involved with alerting the Irving Managment and the landowner themselves regarding an incident late last year.

Tesla’s agreement only pertains to getting space to place the chargers and to ‘share’ the power bill. The physical space remains the owners. I say this having been involved with alerting the Irving Managment and the landowner themselves regarding an incident late last year.
And I, trusting that Tesla's lawyers aren't complete and total morons as well as having actually read multiple copies of Tesla's standard proposal lease agreements for supercharger installations, tell you that you're categorically wrong.

And I, trusting that Tesla's lawyers aren't complete and total morons as well as having actually read multiple copies of Tesla's standard proposal lease agreements for supercharger installations, tell you that you're categorically wrong.
Wondering if you have a source for this info you've posted over the past couple of responses.
I only ask because I had a chat with a manager at a location that is being developed and it seems to me from our conversation that @Vawlkus is actually closer to the truth of the situation.

Reactions: MarcoRP