Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Saint Regis, MT (LIVE Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting location - across the street from the travel center?

Based on the permit address and longitudes your Supercharge.info cone is correct, but map satellite and StreetView say that's just a dirt track/grassy area and the lot to east of the buildings would make some more sense. But maybe those images are out of date, or Tesla will pave that area.

The place is consistent with the earlier Town Pump deal mentioned by @MarcoRP:

Either way it's a Splitter!

Reactions: CarlS and PLUS EV
Based on the permit address and longitudes your Supercharge.info cone is correct, but map satellite and StreetView say that's just a dirt track/grassy area and the lot to east of the buildings would make some more sense. But maybe those images are out of date, or Tesla will pave that area.

The place is consistent with the earlier Town Pump deal mentioned by @MarcoRP:

Either way it's a Splitter!
I am hoping they are going to develop this area out and make it a lot by itself. This exit is always crazy busy in the summer during tourist season. This doesn't solve traffic along I-90 as much as it fixes an issue that has existed for the majority of traffic going Northbound out of Saint Regis to larger areas like Kalispell. Before this supercharger went in you had to backtrack 20 miles to supercharge to make the whole journey in almost all but the longest range models.

Reactions: bruce4000
St. Regis, MT

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: St Regis Travel Center
Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None

I-90

To: Superior, MT (v2) - 13.9 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Missoula - US-93 N, MT - 63.1 miles (Permit)

I know it's not _at_ the Travel Center, but it seemed to have come from an agreements with Town Pump, so for now I"m putting Gas Station.

Splitter! On I-90, St. Regis, MT splits 109.3 miles, 95.9 miles from Coeur d'Alene, ID and 13.9 miles to Superior, MT.

The description says mark the parking lot at the above address. An empty field is not a parking lot. Dog park on the corner has an address of 35 and the old post office was 90 so the large empty overflow lot directly across from the travel center is where it is going to be. Person filing the dig ticket just used the Google Maps pin to select the parcel surrounding it.
A new permit has been filed for a supercharger in Saint Regis, MT. Building is proposed to begin on 5/5/23.

@Big Earl
And just to clarify, these are dig tickets or locate requests. Usually it means construction is starting but sometimes these are used for design work (seeing if the project is feasible with utilities in the area). Since digging is commencing it usually means a permit has been issued but these tickets have nothing to do with actual building permits. Many locate requests are filed before permits are issued.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Interesting... Maybe they're finally developing this lot into something? I am not surprised that they own this lot. The travel center is LITERALLY the only thing keeping Saint Regis on the map. Without it there's no reason to stop here.
If it weren't there, something else would be there in its place, like a truck stop. It's a fairly major hopping on/off point for I-90 travelers heading to Glacier NP and the surrounding area.

Tesla map shows St. Regis as Q2 '23 and the rest of the new MT locations (Billings, Laurel, Belgrade, Butte, Missoula) as Q3 '23 and Kalispell as Q4. The additional Bozeman location isn't on their map at all.

Not that you can rely on the find us map for accuracy but notable that this one looks to be first up of their new MT SC locations.

Tesla map shows St. Regis as Q2 '23 and the rest of the new MT locations (Billings, Laurel, Belgrade, Butte, Missoula) as Q3 '23 and Kalispell as Q4. The additional Bozeman location isn't on their map at all.

Not that you can rely on the find us map for accuracy but notable that this one looks to be first up of their new MT SC locations.
The dig ticket states work started last week. We will have to wait for someone to pass through to verify it's there.

The dig ticket states work started last week. We will have to wait for someone to pass through to verify it's there.
Dig tickets are notorious for stating a work to begin date that is not actually when work will begin. Look at the CdA expansion. Blackstone filed a dig ticket 1/11/23 with work to begin 1/14/23. They just filed a new one yesterday as no work has happened since the initial ticket.

Electrical permit issued 5/15/23. 1600A, 12 stalls. Might start seeing some activity.

1684901098442.png

Based on the photos, the pin should be moved to about 47.298873, -115.099205, far back in the lot.
In the photos above you can see the building to the left and the church further back and to the right.

View attachment 941108
That pin doesn’t look quite right. I know from being in the PNW most sat photos on google are 5 years old so not great for things like this. The second photo above with the building in the background looks like googgle street view from the edge of the dog park. That means no trees in the middle and the chargers going against the small white roofed building in the middle of this photo. Compare with bing below and you’ll see no trees. @ImScotty where were you standing for the first picture from farther back? Can you comment on whether there are new or removed buildings?
1685074575484.png

1685075351170.png

1685075212927.png

That pin doesn’t look quite right. I know from being in the PNW most sat photos on google are 5 years old so not great for things like this. The second photo above with the building in the background looks like googgle street view from the edge of the dog park. That means no trees in the middle and the chargers going against the small white roofed building in the middle of this photo. Compare with bing below and you’ll see no trees. @ImScotty where were you standing for the first picture from farther back? Can you comment on whether there are new or removed buildings?
I think you're right that if the dot represents the middle of the parking stalls the dot should be a bit further left and maybe up a bit.
It looks like at some point they cleared a bit more of the lot closer to the tree line and added a few pine trees to give the house behind a bit more privacy.

Reactions: Mrbrock