Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2716.JPG

Reactions: scsmx
Thanks for the updates and pics all! I'm looking forward to taking the family down for a day in Charlottesville after this Supercharger is built.
It wouldn't hurt to let any of the local establishments you visit know that the the chargers are the the reason for your visit. I'm amazed at the reactions I get when I do that. 90% of people I speak with don't even know they exist.

Reactions: jthompson
So folks, my Thursday trip to Charlottesville turned into a Wednesday trip instead. Anyway they've made some progress since the last photo updates that were posted so here are some new pics. I got an opportunity to speak with the two guys that were working on the site and they told me that the power circuits were being pulled tomorrow and the stalls will be put up tomorrow as well, with the casings put on. They also said that at that point they would be waiting on landscaping, paving and then the barrier around the actual Superchargers themselves. They expected that by mid-to-late next week that the site would be fully operational!

As an owner it was really cool getting the opportunity to see one of these sites being built up close and getting more familiar with the pieces/parts that make up the Superchargers.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_271e.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2718.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2717.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_271b.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_271f.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_271a.jpg

I'm so glad to see this one close to ready. In August I'm going to the Lockn Festival just south of Charlottesville for four days of music and will be car camping in the Model S. Want to make sure I have as much charge as possible before going in and will need to charge again after coming out.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to see this one close to ready. In August I'm going to the Lockn Festival just south of Charlottesville for four days of music and will be car camping in the Model S. Want to make sure I have as much charge as possible before going in and will need to charge again after coming out.
I hope you have adjustable air suspension on your S, you might need it at Lockn.