Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will still probably be at least $250 lighter in the wallet after your discourse in court.
Or they might just tow your car, and then have that sort of agony to endure.
There is such a thing as the "Greater Good", and Accessibility Rights trump almost any other thing you may want to bring to the Court's attention.

Traffic Courts in Texas are pretty cut-and-dried sort of affairs, and rarely does one leave feeling fully vindicated.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot it's Texas which probably means I would be sentenced to life.

please laugh as I am just trying to be humorous. (Might have to drive through Texas someday).

Yeah, you're right. I forgot it's Texas which probably means I would be sentenced to life.

please laugh as I am just trying to be humorous. (Might have to drive through Texas someday).

Hehehe, Traffic courts are generally more interested in getting your money than having you do time (unless you have been involved in a DWI or a serious accident).
Haven't heard of anyone going to jail for a parking offense. (At least not yet).

Big Texas cities are typically more humane and civilized, but the smaller burgs sometimes are in a time warp with various versions of Bubbas (Texas' version of Roscoe P. Coltrane is very much alive and well).

Remember to have your front-mounted license plate (not in the glove box or on the dash) when you visit....

..... Remember to have your front-mounted license plate (not in the glove box or on the dash) when you visit....

Walt's not joking either. I was once pulled over and given a formal warning ticket by the Texas DPS on US287 between Bellevue and Bowie for the sole reason of having my front license plate on my dash and not on the front bumper. I wasn't speeding or breaking any other law. It wasn't even a sporty or modded car. It was an ordinary '99 Chevy Astro passenger van. I was told to get the plate on my bumper where it belonged or the next time he saw me he would ticket me. Sure enough, the next day when I went along the same route, he pulled up along side, looked at my newly mounted front plate, dropped back long enough to give me a thumbs up, and raced off towards the nearest doughnut shop.

Went up to the SpC today. They have all six of the pedestals up and installed but covered in plastic for now. It looks like the wiring for the southern 4 pedestals is done. I saw freshly poured concrete in a trench that reached all 4. They were still working on the northern two pedestals so I don't think they are quite done. The transformer has been installed but I don't know if it's fully wired to the chargers. There is no way to really know. I imagine that the final electrical work will happen once all the concrete and landscaping is done. I also saw a pallet of decorative stone that is likely to be used to cover up the cinder block enclosure around the chargers.
IMG_3477.JPG

Northern two pedestals still under construction. Concrete still torn up.

IMG_3478.JPG

The transformer is in, but probably not functional yet.

IMG_3479.JPG

The gray cabinet is open. I don't know it's function but it could be to do final wiring from the transformer to the master switching for the chargers. (The white cabinets are the chargers)

IMG_3480.JPG

The southern 4 pedestals newly finished. See the dark gray newly poured concrete right next to the pedestals?

I also see that these are pull in, not back in. Could that be a partial response to the fact that a Model X with a tow bar or pulling a trailer would not be able to easily access these if they were back in only?

Anyway, that's your update for October 26th. We did have a ton of rain this past weekend and we're forcast for more this weekend so if this was slated to open on November 1st (read that somewhere on TMC) then I suspect that the opening will probably be pushed back a week, assuming there are no other delays, like the power company hooking up the juice.

I stopped at the Denton Supercharger today on my way south towards Austin (near the end of a 5,000+ mile trip in the car!) I was pleased to see a crew hard at work, and I also had the pleasure of meeting the Tesla employee responsible for new Supercharger construction in this region, as well as the supervisor for the contractor building the Denton SC. Had a great chat with both of them! The contractor's supervisor (not sure what her official title is), Faye, said I was the first person to actually come by with a Model S while they were working, and she was excited to see the car (even took several photos). Faye would love to see more of them, so you locals should drop by -- they will be working Thursday and Friday, and expect to have most everything wrapped up and the site cleaned up very soon. They are hoping to beat the rain coming this weekend. :)

They were making good progress today. The cinder block wall is nearly complete, and they were just starting work on the limestone exterior while I was there. I think this Supercharger will be online pretty quickly, less than two weeks in my opinion. Looks like they are just doing the finishing touches at this point.

I took lots of photos..

IMG_5934.JPG

IMG_5935.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5940.JPG

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

IMG_5925.JPG

Nice to see the progress. I doubt there will be a significant delay between completing the project and Denton Municipal Electric connecting it to the transformer.

I was told Denton Municipal Electric has been great to work with and very responsive to anything they've needed. I expect it will be connected pretty quickly upon completion.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Texas will no longer be an island for 60s after this one goes online!

Well, I sure would like to see the route west across I-10 completed. That would have saved me a fair bit of time and mileage on this trip!

I guess Texas will no longer be an island for 60s after this one goes online!
Actually I drove my 60 from Austin to New York and back in June. Only had to use the CHAdeMO adapter 3 times (each way, in Houston, New Orleans, and Greenville, South Carolina, but don't need one in Greenville anymore).

Sure wish they'd work on I-10 west of San Antonio, though.

Last edited:
Actually I drove my 60 from Austin to New York and back in June. Only had to use the CHAdeMO adapter 3 times (Houston, New Orleans, and Greenville, South Carolina, but don't need one in Greenville anymore).

That sounds like an island to me! That's great we have enough Chademo density to get off the island, though.

Sure wish they'd work on I-10 west of San Antonio, though.

I'm sure it'll be a priority after the much more heavily traveled I-20 & I-30 east of Dallas are built out. Otherwise, I'm excited to get to Big Bend, Marfa, Alpine and Carlsbad!

Nice to see the progress. I doubt there will be a significant delay between completing the project and Denton Municipal Electric connecting it to the transformer.

I spoke with the construction crew last night, and got some great info. Because of rain this weekend, they are working 16 hour days trying to finish before the rain started this morning. All concrete work was finished last night:
Denton2.jpg

Denton5.jpg

Denton6.jpg

The last electrical inspection was passedyesterday & the transformer has been connected and is energized! There is still 5% of the work to be done today (landscaping,) but they said they can do that in the rain.

Tesla still needs to set a date to inspect & commission the site (open to the public,) but construction will be completed today!

Denton4.jpg