Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll enter the sweepstakes with March. The bases are ready, it's just a matter of the weather being moderately cooperative... Plus they have to do the base work for Grand Forks, they probably want to start that after they've done the installs for I94 that are ready. ( A week or two at each place from Alexandria west to Montana, then it'll be April, warm enough to dig into that snow pile in Grand Forks)

I think as someone posted around here, they can spend the winter in warmer climates adding chargers to relieve the typical holiday travel congestion as the number of vehicles starts taxing the current charger network in California and other places with high market saturation.

That might make sense if it was the same people doing the work in both countries, but it's not. I'm certainly of the camp that all the US V3 sites that had been sitting idle were waiting for hardware until the Canadian ones got finished. But the TCH is done now as far as hardware is concerned. And a handful of V3 sites in the US have now gotten their hardware and opened within the last few weeks--Metter, GA; Nashville, TN; Ehrenberg, AZ; Red Bluff, CA; etc. The fact that I-94 sites are still waiting for their gear is just due to limited supply and Tesla prioritizing other US sites. There's no reason to think that there's any further connection to the TCH project now that all those locations have their gear.

I'd have to disagree. No way they'd let Canadians from Prince Albert, SK come down to work on US SuperChargers.
Even if Elon has dual citizenship with Canada/US citizenship! LOL

I'd have to disagree. No way they'd let Canadians from Prince Albert, SK come down to work on US SuperChargers.
Even if Elon has dual citizenship with Canada/US citizenship! LOL

On other threads (and this one?) it was mentioned the company doing the MN/ND work (and Montana?) was from Kentucky. The hardware for both countries comes from the plant in Buffalo (NY, I assume). Also note - check out the Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie threads - the new V3's up here seem to be unreliable, whether cold is a factor in the lack of reliability is an additional question (but we'll blame it anyway). So we are being your guinea pigs up here.

On other threads (and this one?) it was mentioned the company doing the MN/ND work (and Montana?) was from Kentucky. The hardware for both countries comes from the plant in Buffalo (NY, I assume). Also note - check out the Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie threads - the new V3's up here seem to be unreliable, whether cold is a factor in the lack of reliability is an additional question (but we'll blame it anyway). So we are being your guinea pigs up here.
I have heard from a reliable source that Wawa and Sault St Marie are also down [Please correct me if that is wrong]
From the same source, Tesla says they know what the problem is, but no time frame on repair or what the real problem is.

I have heard from a reliable source that Wawa and Sault St Marie are also down [Please correct me if that is wrong]
From the same source, Tesla says they know what the problem is, but no time frame on repair or what the real problem is.

Wawa is now showing reduced, and Gas station mgr. said lights are on, but no one has been by in days. Sault shows back up. Check Plug share and on board screen. Nipigon has alternated in the last three days reduced to off to reduced and now back on.

Think this is the Fargo thread however.

But Wawa and Fargo share the same problem - any supercharger will be almost the only game in town. At least Fargo has ChaDEMO and slow chargers and is (sorry, "will be") only 1.5 hours drive (not 2+) to the next charger. The danger is going a long distance only to find your one charging option is not running. I hope they have these problems solved when they install Fargo and Grand Forks...

Recent article said there are about 170 EV's registered in Manitoba. I assume quite a few are itching to travel south once the I29/I84 is done.

But Wawa and Fargo share the same problem - any supercharger will be almost the only game in town. At least Fargo has ChaDEMO and slow chargers and is (sorry, "will be") only 1.5 hours drive (not 2+) to the next charger. The danger is going a long distance only to find your one charging option is not running. I hope they have these problems solved when they install Fargo and Grand Forks...

Recent article said there are about 170 EV's registered in Manitoba. I assume quite a few are itching to travel south once the I29/I84 is done.
Only 170 EVs? Seems like all of you guys post on this forum then :)

Don't forget some of us trying to travel North. I29 is my main interest.
Hope to be there in May...

I asked this over at the Dickinson thread about 4-5 months ago and did not receive a response, so I'll try the Fargo thread! :)

I'll be in the Twin Cities in late July before heading home to California. I suspect that all the ND Superchargers will be completed by then. I have wanted to see the Reagan Minuteman Missile Site outside Cooperstown for quite some time. Is this a worthy place to visit?

I grew up in the '50s and '60s in Southern California and participated in monthly mandated air raid drills whereby the sirens went off and we students ducked under our desks until the principal walked through the hallways announcing "all clear." I also remember the periodic tests of the Emergency Broadcast System on radio where the station would cut out and inform us that it was "only a test; had it been a real emergency, we would have been instructed to tune our radios to ~640kHz or ~1300kHz for further information."

Thank you!

e43b4-cartooncoldwarreenactments.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MarkoC
I asked this over at the Dickinson thread about 4-5 months ago and did not receive a response, so I'll try the Fargo thread! :)

I'll be in the Twin Cities in late July before heading home to California. I suspect that all the ND Superchargers will be completed by then. I have wanted to see the Reagan Minuteman Missile Site outside Cooperstown for quite some time. Is this a worthy place to visit?

I grew up in the '50s and '60s in Southern California and participated in monthly mandated air raid drills whereby the sirens went off and we students ducked under our desks until the principal walked through the hallways announcing "all clear." I also remember the periodic tests of the Emergency Broadcast System on radio where the station would cut out and inform us that it was "only a test; had it been a real emergency, we would have been instructed to tune our radios to ~640kHz or ~1300kHz for further information."

Thank you!
The EBS is still a thing. You just have to stay up late to see the tests on TV.

I am decades younger than you, but I too did the duck and cover drills back in elementary school. Come to think of it, I remember them during the first part of elementary school (mid-80s), but don't recall doing them late in elementary school (circa 1990). I guess they must have stopped around the time the Iron Curtain fell.

Thank you!
I have only been to the launch silo site. The concrete cover is about 4ft thick. Control center is a seperate area. Have not been there

They look like a giant pizza box. I heard that one was painted in Dominoes colors and on the side it said "Delivery in 30 minutes or less or the next one's free".

Can confirm.

30 Minutes.jpg

While I haven't been to the Reagan Site, I looked at the website for it, and it's definitely similar to how things are now. We've done some upgrading, but not a whole lot. If you're interested in ICBMs, it appears to be worth a visit for sure.

Reactions: XHabjab