Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Dew Drop Inn today to learn if they had any insight...it wasn't great. "Apparently not for a couple of months" is the gist of the response I got, "But we have an EV charger here". I was promised a call back specifying the size of that charger but it hasn't happened yet.

They don't have an EV charger there. They have these outlets:

20190309_153304.jpg
20190309_153321.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
I was about to comment on that other outlet to say it's an L14-30, but then it dawned on me how crazy that installation is. Outlets are always empty slots, and you have to plug the metal pins into them. It's done like that so you don't leave exposed metal prongs with live voltage on them sticking out like that, where someone could accidentally touch them and get electrocuted.

It looks like someone installed this with a plug attached to it instead of a receptacle, which is really dangerous.

I was about to comment on that other outlet to say it's an L14-30, but then it dawned on me how crazy that installation is. Outlets are always empty slots, and you have to plug the metal pins into them. It's done like that so you don't leave exposed metal prongs with live voltage on them sticking out like that, where someone could accidentally touch them and get electrocuted.

It looks like someone installed this with a plug attached to it instead of a receptacle, which is really dangerous.

It actually looks like a generator inlet box, and shouldn't be supplying power. Your guess is as good as mine though if that is the way it is actually wired. Reliance Controls 30 Amp Power Inlet Box-PB30 - The Home Depot

Ugh, SemaConnect is the worst. There had been a set of Level 2 chargers in the Tri Cities that have been down since about July 2019. One shows the red light and the other is powered off. I’ve connected and reported to SemaConnect the status at least 20 times and still no one will do anything about them.

Ugh, SemaConnect is the worst. There had been a set of Level 2 chargers in the Tri Cities that have been down since about July 2019. One shows the red light and the other is powered off. I’ve connected and reported to SemaConnect the status at least 20 times and still no one will do anything about them.

That sucks. I've had a vastly different experience with SemaConnect. Used the one for years in Long Beach, WA at the Pickled Fish and it worked perfectly every time.