Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In excess of 250 days wait is absurd. Tesla should have walked away after 60 - 90 days and found another location. It would make more sense to design a SC to be mostly self contained and pre wired inside a shipping container that could be trucked to a site, dropped and finished quickly ready for utility connection and inspection. Tesla.SpaceX has the expertise to build reusable spacecraft - this is much easier if the will was there.

Reactions: avesraggiana
In excess of 250 days wait is absurd. Tesla should have walked away after 60 - 90 days and found another location. It would make more sense to design a SC to be mostly self contained and pre wired inside a shipping container that could be trucked to a site, dropped and finished quickly ready for utility connection and inspection. Tesla.SpaceX has the expertise to build reusable spacecraft - this is much easier if the will was there.
The problem is the "other locations" in the area are dusty fields with no electricity.

Reactions: bollar
today:

Attachments

• B43E03C0-A7E9-42FA-99EB-C94FB0D0D74D.jpeg
    B43E03C0-A7E9-42FA-99EB-C94FB0D0D74D.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 112
Some things to consider: The lot is about 1 acre of vacant caliche. It fronts an Interstate highway feeder street.
1 acre of solar panels might be able to power a SC - if the neighbors (2 hotels) allow it.
Is it a hassle to get a permit to connect to the IH10 feeder? Can this be influenced by others?

Anyway, still trying to find the cause of the delay.
I really do not understand the lack of communication by Tesla. Alienating customers is never good.
Anybody have a friend at Tesla that can help?

We've been looking at a Model X. My wife doesn't want it because "we can't go anywhere".
We can - but going 60 where everyone else is going 85 is embarrassing - and unsafe.

Saw a newer blue Model S at the HPWC at El Cosmico in Marfa - a delightfully quirky - um - hotel.
I wonder how he got there.

Some things to consider: The lot is about 1 acre of vacant caliche. It fronts an Interstate highway feeder street.
1 acre of solar panels might be able to power a SC - if the neighbors (2 hotels) allow it.
Is it a hassle to get a permit to connect to the IH10 feeder? Can this be influenced by others?

Anyway, still trying to find the cause of the delay.
I really do not understand the lack of communication by Tesla. Alienating customers is never good.
Anybody have a friend at Tesla that can help?

We've been looking at a Model X. My wife doesn't want it because "we can't go anywhere".
We can - but going 60 where everyone else is going 85 is embarrassing - and unsafe.

Saw a newer blue Model S at the HPWC at El Cosmico in Marfa - a delightfully quirky - um - hotel.
I wonder how he got there.

I can't think of a recent instance where Tesla has commented on a pending Supercharger. And we've waited longer than Fort Stockton for a permitted Supercharger to begin construction. Frustrating? Sure.

Midland to Van Horn to Marfa isn't a difficult drive. Maybe the car came from North Texas.

Yes, you really want Ft. Stockton to be built. We got that about a dozen posts ago. But for >99% of Tesla owners it's more like "we can go anywhere except through west Texas" rather than "we can't go anywhere".

I feel your pain... Even if the Fort Stockton delay is only cramping my perceived range anxiety with respect to places I think I NEED to be able to drive to... Heck, I'm pissed that I can't currently drive to West Australia... You hear that Elon? How can I plan my life if I can't map out my Australian trip after I win the powerball next month and ship my car to Australia for the road trip?

I can't think of a recent instance where Tesla has commented on a pending Supercharger. And we've waited longer than Fort Stockton for a permitted Supercharger to begin construction. Frustrating? Sure.

Midland to Van Horn to Marfa isn't a difficult drive. Maybe the car came from North Texas.
I was looking at the route from Houston to Alpine just yesterday. It can be done without Fort Stockton, but you need someplace to charge to make it back to Ozona. There are a few options, but a Fort Stockton supercharger would make it much easier.

I saw the permit notice for Deming in NM, so we are getting closer; not there yet, but progress none the less.

Saw a newer blue Model S at the HPWC at El Cosmico in Marfa - a delightfully quirky - um - hotel. I wonder how he got there.

My wife and I have considered a trip out here to see the McDonald's observatory from Dallas. The trip from the Midland supercharge is only 185ish miles, easily doable in the an 85. There is also a local charger at a hotel in Pecos. So if they stopped in Pecos they could have gone to marfa next.

Yes, you really want Ft. Stockton to be built. We got that about a dozen posts ago. But for >99% of Tesla owners it's more like "we can go anywhere except through west Texas" rather than "we can't go anywhere".

Any and every Tesla owner who's driven from Florida to California has to detour hundreds of miles *each way* into tornado country *and* black ice country almost half the year *because* the I-10 route has been delayed and deprioritized for *years*.

Probably because some genius believed comments such as the above quoted material. Not helpful.

That detour has added risk, time and expense to my trips again, for years. The timeframe for I-10 corridor completion was misrepresented to me when I ordered the first Model S, and it continues to be incomplete now.

Get *that*.

Any and every Tesla owner who's driven from Florida to California has to detour hundreds of miles *each way* into tornado country *and* black ice country almost half the year *because* the I-10 route has been delayed and deprioritized for *years*.

Probably because some genius believed comments such as the above quoted material. Not helpful.

That detour has added risk, time and expense to my trips again, for years. The timeframe for I-10 corridor completion was misrepresented to me when I ordered the first Model S, and it continues to be incomplete now.

Get *that*.
Pretty sure that Tesla use stats from their network and ownership locations amongst other thing to figure out where to put superchargers.
As others have mentioned, there are other options. SCs just make it easier.