Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to cmorn, JM_ATL and techmaven for this info. I'm sure there are a lot of us watching this thread as the Greenville supercharger is crucial in this corridor. My S85 comes in 2 weeks, but still no easy way to get from Virginia to Atlanta. It looks like the Charlotte SC is not close and still nothing in Atlanta. (The Westin Peachtree, however, does have "destination HPWC" and the Westin North Atlanta should have them up in about 3 weeks.) If anyone has used charging sites along this route between the Burlington NC supercharger and Atlanta, please let us know.

Greenville could be a while. the combination of Commerce, GA and Charlotte, NC would also get you to Atlanta. There are lots of level 2 chargers in Atlanta, but if you need a quick charge, send me a message and you can use my HPWC. There is a Hampton Inn near the supercharger site in Greenville that has a level 2 charger.

Hi everyone. I am excited to be picking up my car next Friday at the Marietta Service Center. Since I had the ear of a delivery advisor, and some others in Fremont California, I thought it would be a good opportunity to ask about the new Greenville Supercharging station. As some of you may know this location (next to Whole Foods on Woodruff Road, just off I85) was going like gang-busters until, all of a sudden, it stopped. The bad news is that apparently there were some ...legal issues that cropped up that might nix the location: the good news is that an alternate site has been selected, and should be done by Thanksgiving!

Here is what I got directly from Tesla.

Our original plan ran into a legal impediment between our landlord and his neighbor, so we have a half done supercharger that's been in the ground since May. Yesterday, we began work on an alternate and it is moving fast. I think that no matter what happens, we'll be in the ground by thanksgiving. Please feel free to share this information with your customer and thank him for his willingness to lend a hand. The city of Greenville has been great to work with and I do not foresee any challenges on the new site.

The word is that Tesla is now looking for a new location.

Not that I know much of anything about traffic patterns in that neck of the woods, but if they're going to move, wouldn't Spartanburg, near the crossing of 85 and 26 put them on more people's long distance routes? For east-west (85) traffic, the difference is pretty trivial, but for north-south (26) traffic wouldn't it be much more convenient?

Not that I know much of anything about traffic patterns in that neck of the woods, but if they're going to move, wouldn't Spartanburg, near the crossing of 85 and 26 put them on more people's long distance routes? For east-west (85) traffic, the difference is pretty trivial, but for north-south (26) traffic wouldn't it be much more convenient?

Greenville is a better mid-point between Atlanta and Charlotte. You can make Columbia to Asheville, or Columbia to Charlotte in under 150 miles. Not to mention BMW being big in Spartanburg, it might be a little aggressive.

Hi everyone. I am excited to be picking up my car next Friday at the Marietta Service Center. Since I had the ear of a delivery advisor, and some others in Fremont California, I thought it would be a good opportunity to ask about the new Greenville Supercharging station. As some of you may know this location (next to Whole Foods on Woodruff Road, just off I85) was going like gang-busters until, all of a sudden, it stopped. The bad news is that apparently there were some ...legal issues that cropped up that might nix the location: the good news is that an alternate site has been selected, and should be done by Thanksgiving!

Here is what I got directly from Tesla.

Our original plan ran into a legal impediment between our landlord and his neighbor, so we have a half done supercharger that's been in the ground since May. Yesterday, we began work on an alternate and it is moving fast. I think that no matter what happens, we'll be in the ground by thanksgiving. Please feel free to share this information with your customer and thank him for his willingness to lend a hand. The city of Greenville has been great to work with and I do not foresee any challenges on the new site.
did you happen to get location of new supercharger site in greenville?

Does anyone know when in October this meeting was supposed to happen? October is almost over, so at this point, Tesla might be able to just resume construction if they can work out the legal issues. Would sure be a lot faster than starting a new site.