Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4D43C306-ABEE-4DFA-BBF2-1F86E3A4C082.jpeg Good! headed that way tomorrow and was going to verify then. It’s even gone from Tesla’s list of locations...a quick google search shows that maybe they mixed it up with an upcoming Greenville, CA charger.

Recharged twice on Saturday, 11/10/18. Very congested traffic between the interstate and the charger both times. Not nearly enough chargers here but traffic is so heavy that adding another location at a different interchange would be better than expanding this site.

I got the last charging spot in early afternoon and the Tesla on one side was 6 inches over the line into my space. The self parking feature got me into that tight space but I had to pull forward to get out of the car and use Summon to back it back in to connect to the charger. That was an extremely tight fit.
There were two, full-width spots on our way back home after hiking in the mountains. There was heavy night time traffic between the interstate and the charger. The charger is close to the interstate but heavy traffic adds to the travel time. A less congested location would be better. We enjoyed a burger and spaghetti in the Hilton but this kind of location and experience is what keeps my dad from buying a Tesla.

This was one busy place this holiday weekend. We used it going to NC on Wednesday and back on Sunday....it was FULL both days. The wait was not all that long, thankfully (about 10-12 minutes both times) but cars were constantly rolling in. On Wednesday the charge rate was not good...only getting about 35kW....but on the return on Sunday, it was more like it at the 70-75kW. Was nice when it would be just 1 on it for a few minutes before the next one rolled in.

This was one busy place this holiday weekend. We used it going to NC on Wednesday and back on Sunday....it was FULL both days. The wait was not all that long, thankfully (about 10-12 minutes both times) but cars were constantly rolling in. On Wednesday the charge rate was not good...only getting about 35kW....but on the return on Sunday, it was more like it at the 70-75kW. Was nice when it would be just 1 on it for a few minutes before the next one rolled in.

Yeah Greenville is packed a lot recently. I frequent this site (at least once a week) because my business travels take me through there and it is rare now for me to see more than a few stalls empty. Have never had to wait thank goodness, but it does slow the charging rate down considerably. Very spoiled by this car’s ability to charge at 150 kW and can’t wait to try out a V3 at 250 kW. Tesla really needs to find a sister site near this one to relieve congestion. But first, Charleston, for the love of all that is holy please Tesla, add a SC in Charleston!

I emailed them last night about the mix up and they confirmed that it's still in their database. I informed them that they need to put it back on the map.

Just re-reading this thread and noticed your comment about having “emailed them” regarding a supercharger issue. Is there a Tesla email account for SC issues that is active, like someone at Tesla actually reads the emails? And if so, could you share that email address with me? Calling them is a (Press this number, then hold, then that number) PITA and I’d love a way from time to time to share thoughts of SC locations and or status of stations.

• Love
Reactions: kevinf311
Just re-reading this thread and noticed your comment about having “emailed them” regarding a supercharger issue. Is there a Tesla email account for SC issues that is active, like someone at Tesla actually reads the emails? And if so, could you share that email address with me? Calling them is a (Press this number, then hold, then that number) PITA and I’d love a way from time to time to share thoughts of SC locations and or status of stations.

Tesla is well aware of the health of each and every supercharger. A few years back I dropped off a loaner car that Tesla gave me while mine was in service. When I dropped off the loaner I mentioned that the fans on it were going nuts while supercharging. Nuts to the point where the interior of the car was shaking and rattling. Clearly something was loose.

Anyway I left the service center, and drove my fixed car to the SLC supercharger. While there a service tech showed up with the loaner car I had just returned and plugged it in to test what I had told them. Anyway, we got to chatting, and while doing so he noted the car was charging slow. He whipped out his (Tesla issued) phone, and pulled up the health of the supercharger station. He mentioned that they could see the health of the stack inside each of the supercharger cabinets. They can see when units inside the cabinets have failed and they are running reduced service.

Tesla is well aware of what's going on inside each and every supercharger cabinet. Why they don't fix the ones that have issues is not a question I can answer, but they aren't in the dark about the problems. Perhaps larger power issues are a bigger problem then we know of, and there is nothing they can do, but when it comes to supercharger health, they (at least the service people) already know.

That post was two years ago....