Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger officially announced for Gundagai NSW at D Launch event at Avalon Airport on 11th August 2015
No indication at this time as to the physical location of the site.

Still on track to have the Superchargers in place to allow long distance travel between Melbourne and Sydney by the end of 2015 using the Supercharger network.

Sydney - Goulburn (~218km)
Goulburn - Gundagai (~181km)
Gundagai - Wodonga (~184km)
Wodonga - Melbourne (~329km)

Last edited:
Supercharger officially announced for Gundagai NSW at D Launch event at Avalon Airport on 11th August 2015
No indication at this time as to the physical location of the site.

Still on track to have the Superchargers in place to allow long distance travel between Melbourne and Sydney by the end of 2015 using the Supercharger network.

Sydney - Goulburn (~218km)
Goulburn - Gundagai (~181km)
Gundagai - Wodonga (~184)
Wodonga - Melbourne (~329km)

Thanks brewster, that is very helpful.

So I suppose the idea is that they finish Goulburn and then start on Gundagai etc... Given how long it took to start Goulburn, I would be surprised if it is finished by the end of this year - but I have been surprised before!

Personally I am more interested in the Sydney to Gold Coast network - now THAT is an excuse to drive the family up on the next holiday in the Tesla!

I had a chat with Heath Walker at the event. He implied there were plans well underway for something between Melbourne and Wodonga but wouldn't give specifics.

I suspect we won't see it this year though as Wodonga lets them meet their Melbourne to Sydney by the end of 2015 promise. It might result in a bit of bad publicity though if anyone needs towing into Wodonga though... It's a 400m climb from Melbourne.

Hopefully Euroa rather than Seymour. Seymour's a bigger diversion off the Hume.

I had a chat with Heath Walker at the event. He implied there were plans well underway for something between Melbourne and Wodonga but wouldn't give specifics.

I suspect we won't see it this year though as Wodonga lets them meet their Melbourne to Sydney by the end of 2015 promise. It might result in a bit of bad publicity though if anyone needs towing into Wodonga though... It's a 400m climb from Melbourne.

Hopefully Euroa rather than Seymour. Seymour's a bigger diversion off the Hume.

That would be a real shame if they claimed they'd done it with nothing between Wodonga and Melbourne. The supercharger network has always been promoted as spaced for all Model S to use, including 60s. No way Mel-Syd is enabled for a 60 with that stretch in there.

And yes I agree, Euroa would be way better!

Location, location!

Aerial.PNG
Dog on the tuckerbox.jpg
Olivers Gundagai.JPG

I found out the location for the Gundagai Supercharger and took a drive to check it out on Saturday.
Council has approved 6 Superchargers at the "Dog on the Tuckerbox" site just north of Gundagai (I read the Council minutes online).
The chargers will be outside Oliver's Real Food restaurant http://oliversrealfood.com.au/nsw-gundagai-m31/
I'm really happy with this location. This tourist stop is on the Hume Highway, '5 miles north of Gundagai' (as the legend goes).
Food options include Olivers, KFC, Subway, the 24/7 truckstop restaurant etc. There's tourist stuff to entertain a family for while.
This is definitely the best spot in the region for a Supercharger.
As we heard at the "D" launch party, construction occurs next after Goulburn.

I can't wait! It's such a pleasure driving this car on the freeway.
Also, I recommend a scenic drive around Gundagai, with its green hills and yellow wattle flowers at this time of year.

I found out the location for the Gundagai Supercharger and took a drive to check it out on Saturday.
Council has approved 6 Superchargers at the "Dog on the Tuckerbox" site just north of Gundagai (I read the Council minutes online).
The chargers will be outside Oliver's Real Food restaurant http://oliversrealfood.com.au/nsw-gundagai-m31/
I'm really happy with this location. This tourist stop is on the Hume Highway, '5 miles north of Gundagai' (as the legend goes).
Food options include Olivers, KFC, Subway, the 24/7 truckstop restaurant etc. There's tourist stuff to entertain a family for while.

Also, I recommend a scenic drive around Gundagai, with its green hills and yellow wattle flowers at this time of year.

Well sleuthed Kayto!! That spot does indeed look the goods.

I think it's Shell with a Coles Express. Happily I don't need to collect petrol discount vouchers from supermarkets anymore!
Chuq, thanks for the suggestion about supercharge.info , I'll put it there now.

View attachment 90785View attachment 90784View attachment 90786

Right on Kayto... Well done indeed! Everyone...here's to Kayto!

Just thought of something... We have a family holiday planned in January in Canberra for a week... all designed to take advantage of the Goulborn SCs... Perhaps we should spend a day in Gundaghai now and check these out too!

Thanks ZTrekus, I hope you're enjoying your car!

I hear that construction at Gundagai starts soon - I'll post some pictures on the October long weekend, unless anyone gets there before me!

Passed through Gundagai in our Tesla yesterday and stopped at the mooted supercharger site. Nothing happening yet. The gossip we heard in the cafe is that the superchargers are expected to be around the back of Olivers and that construction is expected to start by the end of next week and should take six weeks to complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some pictures.

image.jpg

This is is the back of the cafe. Maybe that is where the superchargers will be?

image.jpg