Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears to be a mysterious 2.5 charger, or at least that was the labels say on the cabinets that were installed.
IMG_0126.jpeg

Reactions: wupcwww and byeLT4
I will be passing through Wichita Falls (ICE, unfortunately) this week and thought I'd look for Supercharger construction. Went to review the thread for said Supercharger, but there was none.

Now there is!

I did preliminary satellite recon (aka Google Maps) and see several places along 287/I-44 that are the usual candidates, and that is probably all I'll have time for this trip. I'll take a look at Loves and Flying J, as well as Fairfield Inn and Candlewood Suites and there is a Cracker Barrel that would be nice. I don't see much else along the highway that is likely to have room in the parking lot, and I won't have time for much wandering around. If I see something else promising, I'll take a look.
The lot by Cracker Barrel is a prime location, it has everything you would need accept for a nearby hotel,

I can make it from home (Fort Worth)to Childress supercharger (sometimes work in Amarillo)but I keep pulling in with less than 10 miles left. I don’t need that kind of stress in my life. This will probably drop 20 minutes from my commute and a whole bunch of grey hairs.
Can’t get done fast enough.

100% for me is only 237 miles after couple years ownership on RWD 75S

Any updates? I thought it might be in service by late Sept. when I drive through but I am getting worried about the lack of recent construction activity.
I would imagine it will be done by then. My wife will be passing by tomorrow on the way up to Oklahoma, I'll see if she can swing by and take some pictures. Then I'll be stopping by the weekend of the 9th (Aug.) and I'll check on progress at that time as well.

Seems Tesla should improve their schedule management. Sure would be nice if they had an office that would do a good job of posting implementation updates, not just coming soon in 2019. How many years has Wichita Falls been “coming soon”? There must be a project manager somewhere keeping track of the construction.

Seems Tesla should improve their schedule management. Sure would be nice if they had an office that would do a good job of posting implementation updates, not just coming soon in 2019. How many years has Wichita Falls been “coming soon”? There must be a project manager somewhere keeping track of the construction.

My experience with construction trades is that nothing is ever done on schedule.

And since the supercharger work depends on weather, and the willingness/timeliness of the local utility to provide a jumbo sized transformer, the work is not fully predictable.

Tesla seems to enjoy surprising us with a working supercharger, rather than making timing promises that can't be kept.

Imagine somebody scheduling a long distance drive to a SC, with the expectation it would be operational, and then discover it was still not commissioned?

My experience with construction trades is that nothing is ever done on schedule.

And since the supercharger work depends on weather, and the willingness/timeliness of the local utility to provide a jumbo sized transformer, the work is not fully predictable.

Tesla seems to enjoy surprising us with a working supercharger, rather than making timing promises that can't be kept.

Imagine somebody scheduling a long distance drive to a SC, with the expectation it would be operational, and then discover it was still not commissioned?

My experience with construction trades is similar to yours.

And good point regarding supercharger promotion...I had no idea there was going to be one installed in Alvarado, TX. It's not even shown as a potential site on the Tesla supercharger map. And yet, it's going in regardless.