Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hooksett NH Rest Areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both north and Soutbound soerchargers are fenced off and down for an indefinite amount of time. One of the crew fencing them off said they were going to be “replaced”. V3?
Thanks. I hope they're back up soon; I use them all the time. In fact, I was planning to use NB tonight on my way back from MA. I hope the Chargepoint near my meeting is available...

Both North and Southbound superchargers are fenced off and down for an indefinite amount of time. One of the crew fencing them off said they were going to be “replaced”. V3?

Any pictures of the works? When they built those station they laid cabling for 8 stalls each, so they may also be expanding the stations. However, if they were just expanding they could have kept the existing stalls working for most of the time. It would be interesting to see the new cabinets if this is indeed a V3 retrofit.

Any pictures of the works? When they built those station they laid cabling for 8 stalls each, so they may also be expanding the stations. However, if they were just expanding they could have kept the existing stalls working for most of the time. It would be interesting to see the new cabinets if this is indeed a V3 retrofit.
Yes... pictures please, especially any new equipment that would confirm V3 upgrades.
EDIT: I see both NB and SB still active in the in-car SC list.

Last edited:
I drove down to MA and back last night. I did not stop and charge while heading south, but I did stop to check it out (no pictures). I did take some pictures on the way back. On both sides, there is a temporary construction fence around the fenced in equipment, and around a few parking spaces at the other end of the charging stations (see pictures below). The southbound side has fencing running behind the stations (but not on the northbound side). All 12 stations were lit up and accessible. I did successfully charge at the northbound side.

Also, if you look at the third photo, you'll see a pavement cut extending from the front edge of the existing northbound stations' concrete pad into the unused parking area. This makes me think there's something to @eladts's suggestion that they may be expanding the stations.

rps20190422_235633.jpg

rps20190422_235556.jpg

rps20190422_235522.jpg

All 12 stations were lit up and accessible. I did successfully charge at the northbound side.

Interesting, one of the crew installing the fencing SB told me he “regretfully ruined” someone’s day on the NB side earlier. When they “shut it down”(with fencing) and the definitely didn’t allow me to charge SB. So maybe they modified it.? I’ll be back NB on Thursday.

So I stopped in at the NB this afternoon and talked to the electrical contractor working on the site. They are installing 4 additional SC NB and 6 SB. In addition, the infrastructure he was installing utilized a 250A breaker on the AC to DC converter which is higher than the previous installed version. He did not know if the new cabinets would be V3. I asked if the hose was different, he wasn’t sure. Planned finish date is also TBD as multiple other contractors are involved.

I successfully charged today at Hooksett SB. The crew was there working and confirmed @Castlerock's comment above of 6 additional stations SB and 4 additional stations NB
Is the number due to parking constraints? I mean I guess from Hooksett north people would still have a decent charge from home, but coming back from the (fridgid) north they might need some juice to make it home.

If parking is the deciding factor, it's a good deal southbound got the surplus. With Lincoln and Leb well to the north, seems logical that southbound vehicles are arriving Hooksett at a lower SOC. Plus, folks headed north are perhaps less stressed waiting for a spot to charge versus those on the opposite side of the highway just trying to get home.

It would be interesting to see four years of Hooksett charging data gathered by the mothership. My guess is that on a typical day the northbound hours are a little more staggered than southbound. Charging southbound on a Sunday evening a few months ago every spot was taken.

If parking is the deciding factor, it's a good deal southbound got the surplus. With Lincoln and Leb well to the north, seems logical that southbound vehicles are arriving Hooksett at a lower SOC. Plus, folks headed north are perhaps less stressed waiting for a spot to charge versus those on the opposite side of the highway just trying to get home.

It would be interesting to see four years of Hooksett charging data gathered by the mothership. My guess is that on a typical day the northbound hours are a little more staggered than southbound. Charging southbound on a Sunday evening a few months ago every spot was taken.

Also, you can get into the SB side from the local roads but not into the NB side.

• Informative
Reactions: chjch