Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Keith SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla are going to drag their feet on SC much longer a savvy hotel owner in Nhill or Kaniva should put in a destination charger. Adelaide to Wendouree is about 610 km so a stop about half way between the two would allow Adelaide to Melbourne with only one overnight charge and a short supercharge. This would be a real advantage over hotels in either Horsham or Keith.
Not for those with 60s or low end Model 3s. You'd have to think (hope) the remaining superchargers aren't far off given how quickly they put Ballarat in.

Not for those with 60s or low end Model 3s. You'd have to think (hope) the remaining superchargers aren't far off given how quickly they put Ballarat in.

Time to upgrade the 60s to 75s. Good deals at the moment. What is max range on a 60? I would have thought 300 km was doable. Likewise I think 300 km for Model 3 which should use less energy would be achievable even in smaller battery pack. I will of course be very disappointed if the Model 3 gets here before the Superchargers which were promised for 2017.

Only new 60s were upgradable, unfortunately, not the originals. 'Typical' range at full charge on mine is about 305, not realistically achievable at normal speeds under many conditions and obviously a bit tight to be counting on regardless. Would have no hope when you throw the Adelaide Hills in to the mix! All do-able if you're happy to drive slow etc etc, but 300km charger spacing is not realistic across the fleet for practical touring. Model 3s will certainly get more range from a given battery size but their largest will be 75kWh, the smallest we don't know yet.

I don't think Ballarat is an indication of pace on this route Lennier, for Sydney to Brisbane, Port was installed very early in the year (around March maybe?) and then the rest of the chargers opened in December. Although, Tesla have kept their promise both years and hvae had Syd-Melb completed by end of 2015 and Syd-Bris by end of 2016 so that bodes well for the road to Adelaide to be completed by the end of this year. These things are just so complicated to get up and running from what I have read. Like a Venn diagram except with about 13 circles.

I don't think Ballarat is an indication of pace on this route Lennier, for Sydney to Brisbane, Port was installed very early in the year (around March maybe?) and then the rest of the chargers opened in December. Although, Tesla have kept their promise both years and hvae had Syd-Melb completed by end of 2015 and Syd-Bris by end of 2016 so that bodes well for the road to Adelaide to be completed by the end of this year. These things are just so complicated to get up and running from what I have read. Like a Venn diagram except with about 13 circles.
This is true.

Latest update - extract from the 13 June council meeting.
gXq3Cqf.png

(Edit: 3rd column is from the original 2016 meeting. Ignore it mostly. 5th column is the relevant bit!)

This is the only thing that could resemble a site on Heritage St. Just NW of the Soldiers Memorial Park (which I'm pretty sure will be out of bounds for the SC).
IMG_7618.jpg

Between Heritage St and the Highway. This shot taken from Heritage St towards the highway.

Anyone been through lately to see if there's any progress? Supercharge.info has the address a 6 Heritage Street, which is probably just from the pin location on Tesla's map.

"Heritage Street Road Reserve" was the official location - I think "6 Heritage St" is the closest official numbered address there is.

I don't think anyone has been since @RichardMcN and Greg (above).