Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kill Devil Hills, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To clarify, these Superchargers are likely V3-capable but only V2-operational for now.

My understanding is that V3 is only live in beta locations in California so Tesla can do more testing before rolling it worldwide.

It had the thick cables like all the other chargers I'd used, would they be replaced with the thinner liquid cooled? Also, there were two chargers per white cabinet - doesn't V3 require something different?

To clarify, these Superchargers are likely V3-capable but only V2-operational for now.

My understanding is that V3 is only live in beta locations in California so Tesla can do more testing before rolling it worldwide.

V3 locations will have completely different cabinets and cabling. Not a simple switch... more like completely overhauling the site to go from one to the other.

Definitely V2 - thick charging cable. Charged there successfully today...
426992.jpg

I charged at this station this morning. Only reached 30kw charging, even though I had the place to myself, but did not get billed. I had left Buxton with 90% charge, so I was just topping off to reach Richmond, or the Glenn Allen station. Its great to have this on the OBX.

I charged at this station this morning. Only reached 30kw charging, even though I had the place to myself, but did not get billed. I had left Buxton with 90% charge, so I was just topping off to reach Richmond, or the Glenn Allen station. Its great to have this on the OBX.

I charged yesterday and got full speed. Nice location.

Reactions: SigNC and DriveMe