TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Tozla

Tozla Member

That's good to know but I wonder how quickly that information is updated. Is it "instantaneous" or only updated after complaints have been made?

2. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

The Knockrow Supercharger is working but is only delivering 50% power until a permanent fix is in place.

3. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Even while running at 50% power it is still suffering intermittent outages.

4. Beritknight

Beritknight Member

I'll be going thru there over the weekend, on a road trip from Canberra to Brisbane. Hopefully it behaves itself for me.

I guess I'll make sure we get a full charge in Coffs, just in case.

5. DavidRM

DavidRM Member

Hi Beritknight
    We are passing through Knockrow heading north on Monday and would welcome a brief report here on how the charger behaved.
    Thanks in advance. I will do the same on Monday night when I find internet.

6. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Right now it's a SLOWpocharger - max I saw was 57kW or around 260 km/h. Still it's Byron, so a great opportunity to be at one with the green tree frogs, do some deep breathing & chant your mantra while you feel the stress wash away.

7. Aussie Yank

Aussie Yank Member

Sunday morning Only our car

325 km/hr (half rate)

8. DavidRM

DavidRM Member

Thanks for this, and to Whitestar! We are overnighting in Bellingen and will take our own reading tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

9. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Topped up at the library today with CHAdeMO - 42kW or around 210 km/h. A very good alternative when in town. Not sure but seems there's a 30 minute time limit. If so, 20 kWh or so max. Also unclear if the limit is 30 minutes per car per day.

• Informative x 2
  10. DavidRM

DavidRM Member

We charged at Knockrow yesterday (Monday) and the initial rate was about 90 kW at about 30% charge falling to about 35 kW at about 86% charge when we left. There was another model S sharing the charging area initially, followed by another S and and X. In all, we were pleasantly surprised. This charge rate was not too different from the charge rate we saw earlier at Coffs with another Model S using the other charger.

11. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

IMG_1091.JPG Byron Bay library CHAdeMO does limit to 33 minutes - 25.2 kWh.

100% was actually 83% SOC.

• Informative x 1
  12. Beritknight

Beritknight Member

We ended up skipping Macadamia Castle on our way North, detoured to see some family and then went straight on to the Gold Coast and Tim's destination charger at Hi Ho.

Stopped there on the way home and it was fine, but we left Brisbane with a fairly full battery, so it was never going to charge at full speed. It had us full by the time we were ready to leave, so that's all we needed.

Pancakes were good and the amusement park side will be good when the little one is a little older.

13. Vegas

Vegas Member

For those planning to use Knockrow in the coming weeks - I've used it 8 times in the past 3 weeks). One each occasion SC 1A and 1B only charge at 50Kw (50%) whereas the rest are the full 100Kw. In short, to save time, avoid using 1A & 1B.

• Informative x 7
  14. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Someone has updated the Knockrow SC in the CCS spreadsheet with a "yes" for all stalls CCS - can anyone confirm or deny this?

15. tragic

tragic Member

May have jumped the gun. No sign of CCS there today.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  16. aegidius

aegidius Member

Anyone been by there recently to see if the half-power problem has been fixed? It was 2017 so assume so..

• Informative x 1
  17. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

I’ve charged multiple times there since this thread started at full power.

• Informative x 2
  18. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

I charged there last November when I hired a Model S. No different in charging rates than the other Superchargers between St Leonards and Brisbane
    Tesla Knockrow 2018.png

• Informative x 1
  19. Vegas

Vegas Member

I can confirm, I've been back several times since and 1A and 1B are fine and working 100% again

• Informative x 1