Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke with Dana in the Little Rock Planning Commission office, said there were plans submitted by Tesla for a charging station. He referred me to another gentleman who could tell me more details. Just got off the phone with Mark in the planning office he confirmed the address as 11231 Bass Pro Parkway off of I-430 in southwest Little Rock (new outlet mall). Not great for I-40 travelers but its a start. Great for folks coming to Little Rock or Memphis from Texas. Mark told me the permitting process shouldn't take long because it's not a public road.

Carl, I THANK YOU for your diligence in digging up this info.
This location lines up perfectly with my route from Hot Springs to west Little Rock.

And thank you Tesla.

Reactions: Missile Toad
170 miles from Memphis Supercharger? My S90D will make that easily. Will they need to put one in between, or is that a slow drive down 40 for a 60?

According to evtripplanner.com, going 1.0-1.1 times the flow of traffic:
In a 85D, it's 186-207 rated miles
In a 60D, 160-170 rated miles
In a 60, 180-209 rated miles (you'd have to slow down to 0.9 x flow to get down to 172 rated miles)

Rated mileage would go up in cold weather.

I did it back in Dec. (in my MX60D) just kept my cruse set at 60/65 and made it no problems. It was a long 2 hrs at the airport hotel to get enough juice to make it to Russellville for more juice. This Supercharger will be a big help.

Update received today - probably won't be able to use it for early May trip from DAL to MEM:

Thank you for your email. We are happy to share that the Little Rock, AR Supercharger is approaching construction. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open this Supercharger Station as quickly as we can. Our team is certainly committed to expanding the Supercharger network throughout the state of Arkansas and we are excited to announce more site information on our website when available.

We appreciate your patience and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology. Keep checking our website for the latest updates to the Supercharger network!

Best Regards,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

I think rated mileage would decrease in cold weather
No, you're not getting what those numbers are. This is for a fixed real distance between two points. Those numbers in the comment are the calculation of how many rated miles will be consumed to travel that route. In winter, there will be more energy use for heating, so it will use up MORE rated miles to drive that distance. Therefore the numbers shown will increase in winter, where it takes more rated miles to make the trip.

I'll still need some help to get from my home, Nixa, MO, to that supercharger... 206 miles, and not easy miles given the hills and such. I have family in Maumelle who have a NEMA 14-50, so with an hour top up there I can get to the Supercharger and be on my way South, but the rural/EV infrastructure-poor nature of Arkansas means they still need more. Probably one in/near Conway and another in the West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR area.

Ft. Smith and somewhere logical in the South Eastern part of Ark or SW part of Miss. are also needed. But, I'll take what I can get for now.