Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I HOPE so! I don't know how to get Tesla to do a "Grand Opening", but I don't know why it can't happen anyway. NorCal-Reno club says they can ask Tesla to email an area -- maybe Napa and surrounding. I also hope that Napa Area people join NorCal-Reno. I have decided that it's at least smaller and better than EAA, and Bonnie is president!

Organize your own Grand Opening and invite someone from Tesla to join you. That's what we wound up doing at Denton, TX. Our PR without Tesla's help went quite well - we had the Mayor, TV coverage and all that. Denton Supercharger Ribbon Cutting | @NTXTeslaOwners

Anymore input re estimate of completion; current status.....?
Planing on golf trip to Napa mid July.

Don't hold your breath, and don't not take your trip if this SC is still in construction in July. There are hundreds of places to get a charge in the Napa area, and you'll likely pass through either Dublin or Vacaville on the way to Napa so if you must have a nearly full charge by the time you get to Napa (why?), you can with or without the Napa SC.

Last month, my wife and I spent a few days up in Napa Valley. We stopped at the SC in Petaluma, filled up, then continued North and cut over to Calistoga through Mark West Springs. The charge was plenty to get us around Napa Valley and back home (actually filled up in San Mateo, but we could have filled up at home or in Dublin).

Stopped by today. They are paving the main lot and things look pretty close. Here's my "aerial photo on a stick".

NapaSupCh.jpg

Nice photo, ohmman! I just got back from thataway with a couple photos, but nothing to add: EXCEPT, while I was walking around (eight L2 charge spots as well) an old dude in a pickup pulled up and asked how I was doing.
Turns out he owns the whole kaboodle, including Allied Propane next door.
He sat and visited, told me all the hold ups by all these contractors (like one who had to put a gas line in, then a month later the guy digging in the power lines had to hand dig under the gas with his trench....). Grading not done, trenches filling with water, etc. He said it should have been done a year ago. Now he is dealing with the county to do the frontage road entrances and turn lanes.
This is the "only" Eco Fueling station in the US. He plans to have every kind of diesel (car, truck, "red", biodiesel), E85, CNG, plain gasoline -- but not hydrogen! Sorry, Toyota.

OF COURSE I asked him what a good completion date might be. He says he is planning a grand opening end of May beginning of June, with Tesla, TV coverage, etc. etc. So there you have it, straight from the Big Guy on the Lead Horse.

Attachments

• Napa SC 3-26.jpg
    Napa SC 3-26.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 103
EXCEPT, while I was walking around (eight L2 charge spots as well) an old dude in a pickup pulled up and asked how I was doing.
It wasn't possibly the guy in my photo, was it? He was doing a lot of gesticulation and was very verbal with the other guy in the picture. I didn't engage with them because I always feel very odd taking a picture with a very tall pole. :oops:

It wasn't possibly the guy in my photo, was it? He was doing a lot of gesticulation and was very verbal with the other guy in the picture. I didn't engage with them
because I always feel very odd taking a picture with a very tall pole. :oops:

I bet it was. Looks like it, and he had a white pickup.

If you look like your picture, I think you would attract a lot more attention than because you were using a pole selfie.

(I know you don't)

Tesla supercharge s are awesome. But I would have to say, I wished they were on a angel. Because I can see people crashing in to these. Angel approaches are safer.

Angled ones are good for that, bud bad for snow plows and clearing lots for people to charge...

Your point was well documented with one of the stalls in Primm, NV (which would be in trouble if it got snowed in) being knocked over by a driver who backed into and knocked down a stall (2014/2015?)

What I mean by an angel Tesla supercharger
I think they were making fun of you. It is spelled "angle", not "angel" which is a heavenly creature.
I have not seen this angled parking before for a SC. Is that Culver City? I have been there, but used the other ones to the left. Guess I missed it. I kind of like it, but doesn't really matter to me, as long as the lot allows for easy pulling in/out.

Last edited: