Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Touche! I was last there about 2 years ago when it first opened. Since I cannot remember what I had for breakfast, I couldn't remember that either. But yes, thank God for autopilot! Actually, yes, I found that Autopilot is really really helpful on the 405 in stop-n-go traffic. Makes things so much less stressful.

Back on topic: Has this now become the longest SC under construction? I believe SJC had that honor.

I'm sort of curious what kinds of angle, straight, forward, side, back charging GM or Leaf or anyone else has! Tesla is known for trying different ways.

Maybe with Autopilot the car will pull in for you.

What gets me is that even with backup lines on the camera, some people just cant back up, and my guess with these angled chargers is, someone will rip one out backing out of them. Having learned to drive nearly 60 years ago, I just have to shake my head.

What gets me is that even with backup lines on the camera, some people just cant back up, and my guess with these angled chargers is, someone will rip one out backing out of them
One obelisk at Manteca got pretty banged up a while back and those are the pull-through type. I think someone maybe tried cutting the corner too tight on the way in.

Drove by today (but stayed on 29) and took this quick photo. Nothing new...

13af3g.jpg

I drove by the Napa SC site today. No change. It all seems to be dependent on the completion of the rest of the facility. The SC looks ready to go.

And, remember, the county or CalTrans has to do the paving between the road and the paving in the parking lot. Turn lane, etc. etc. You know how fast THEY can be. As I said, the owner was hoping to have a "grand opening" end of May first of June.

Nothing happens when it rains. Should be dry this week. Expect some changes.

Some work this week for sure. Looks like they've added the final layer before the asphalt before the main lot. And dug up the strip along Devlin and filled it with drainage rock. There's a huge pile of dirt a block or so away from what they took.

As I was parked outside the Propane facility someone came out questioning why I was taking photos and I explained I was curious in the Superchargers. He said he'd heard that they're still on schedule for a June opening.

View media item 114873View media item 114872View media item 114871View media item 114875

Nice pics, @ChrisJ. I went by yesterday, it's been 3 weeks since your pictures. Looks like CalTrans or Napa County is taking their time making turn lanes into the property from Devlin. Still. Lots of heavy equipment, lots of INactivity. Must be a government job. Although, it would only take a day or two to pave it. If I see anything new, I'll take a pic and post it.

Drive by today and there is an opening soon or coming soon sign on the gas station. Dont remember the exact wording. I have a feeling the supercharger wont open until the whole thing is complete, gas station and all.

Would have been a nice stop for those traveling for Bottlerock this weekend. Traffic into town right next to the charger was insane.