Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St George, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, according to Google Maps, it's only 5 minutes extra time to go to the Supercharger vs staying on I-15. Being able to drive at speed and not have to do a 100% charge is probably worth almost an hour time saved Beaver to Las Vegas, and well over an hour Las Vegas to Beaver. Averaging the two directions, and subtracting the 5 minutes to get to the Supercharger and back in St George, getting this Supercharger probably saves very close an hour each way.

If Tesla found a good spot with several activities to pass the time, I will gladly invest 5 minutes to get to and from the Supercharger! Go to Gallup and see what it's like when the best dining is a five minute walk and crossing a busy street with no cross walk to get to the convenience store at a gas station...

Actually, because you get off one exit and then on another, it adds only 4 miles or so additional to the route. It's still a long way off of I-15...

View attachment 55605

That seems to correlate with with what I'm seeing. Took some more photos in a bind this afternoon:

IMG_20140807_150407177[1].jpg
IMG_20140807_150421914[1].jpg
IMG_20140807_150450524[1].jpg
IMG_20140807_150514760_HDR[1].jpg

I stopped by there this morning and the contractor had a big grin on his face when he saw me. Said I was the 5th different person to inquire about the status. Chatted for 5 or 10 minutes and eventually his entire crew was involved in the conversation. He had narrowly lost the bids for Beaver and Blanding and was glad to have landed the contract for St George.

Opening still targeted for the 15th.

We charged at an RV Park in Leeds. Finally had a chance to use my Mobile Connector and updated NEMA 14-50 plug :)

As a follow up to my question about driving from Las Vegas to Beaver, UT a few weeks ago, I wanted to report that my wife and I drove this successfully on August 6 in an 85.

I set the cruise control to 57 for all up hill stretches and upped it to 60 on downhills.

We actually left the Las Vegas Supercharger at 9:05 am - after topping up to 263 miles and eating breakfast. We reached St. Georges at 11:14 am with 49 miles of range to spare for the Beaver destination (we had started with 43 miles to spare, so had actually gained range.) We stopped for a bathroom break and then decided to look for the new Supercharger site - as I mentioned, the Nav system took us to the wrong location, so we used an iPhone to find the correct location. To make matters worse, the Nav system took us a long way back to the highway, so by the time we resumed our trip to Beaver, our spare range had dropped to about 30 miles. The lowest it got was about 22 miles, and we arrived in Beaver, UT with 28 miles left at 2:48 pm. We spent an hour in Beaver charging and having lunch.