Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Exeter, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1679544354061.png

1679544367745.png

There is currently only a pole transformer servicing Heatherbrae Pies. I am assuming there will be either a new kiosk substation put in or maybe if that is not possible we might see a megapack install and maybe that is when a 4 stall per cabinet is more likely used with the megapack able to supplement the power coming from the two 350kW cabinets. (Seems that different generations of v3 cabinets range in at least the 350kVA to 387kVA)
We now need photos of the cabinet for its face rating, see linked post by @Chuq

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
A few videos of the three new sites here.

3rd vid shows a new concrete pad at Suttons Forest some distance from the chargers behind the Pie shop that is yet to receive equipment - possibly a substation given the size.

A few videos of the three new sites here.

3rd vid shows a new concrete pad at Suttons Forest some distance from the chargers behind the Pie shop that is yet to receive equipment - possibly a substation given the size.
Went past today on the way to Canberra. Good progress but will not be ready for Easter.

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    727.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    962.2 KB · Views: 72
New photo on Plugshare dated 2 April still showing something missing on the concrete pad.
I called in late yesterday afternoon - was under strict instructions to bring home a family-sized Jillaroo pie for dinner while on my way back from the Snowy Mountains. That concrete pad, at the back of the photo below near the temporary fence, doesn't have a transformer mounted on it yet.

IMG_0994.jpeg

That's a surprising amount of extra conduit still there.
You see conduit, I see the makings of a spectacular wind-powered musical instrument. Note how all the pieces are different lengths, that's the giveaway as to their secret purpose :)

That carpark (along with the one at the McDonalds at Goulburn near the bakery) has to be one of the world's windiest locations.

I'm surprised it's only 6 bays given the convenience of this location. It's right off the freeway ramp as Ted H mentioned in the Tuggeranong SC thread. I'd rather they had 6 in Campbelltown and 12 here.
I live In Campbelltown and maybe the only time I’ll use the chargers here is in an emergency situation where I need a quick charge to go somewhere. Hopefully that never eventuates. Campbelltown does seem to be a bit of future proofing. Im hoping these Exeter chargers give me the option to bypass Goulburn when heading home from the south.

Reactions: Hairyman
Im hoping these Exeter chargers give me the option to bypass Goulburn when heading home from the south.
I'm thinking of an "undercut strategy" (ie pit early) with the Exeter Supercharger when heading south from Sydney to the Snowy Mountains, and also like you I would prefer to stretch it past Goulburn when heading back north. As a fallback if that Supercharger is ever totally dead when heading north, there is always the 350kW chargers on the other side of the road, plus Marulan, and hopefully also some chargers at Pheasants Nest aren't too far away (the construction sites there looked pretty full-on when I passed yesterday). So "going deep" when heading for the Exeter charger northbound doesn't look too risky as there are - or at least soon will be - various other fast chargers within reach.

Reactions: Hairyman
I'm thinking of an "undercut strategy" (ie pit early) with the Exeter Supercharger when heading south from Sydney to the Snowy Mountains, and also like you I would prefer to stretch it past Goulburn when heading back north. As a fallback if that Supercharger is ever totally dead when heading north, there is always the 350kW chargers on the other side of the road, plus Marulan, and hopefully also some chargers at Pheasants Nest aren't too far away (the construction sites there looked pretty full-on when I passed yesterday). So "going deep" when heading for the Exeter charger northbound doesn't look too risky as there are - or at least soon will be - various other fast chargers within reach.
Yeah I agree the undercut strategy going South is also in my thinking. By the end of this year the charging options are certainly looking much better. Hope they improve the reliability but I guess more Charging options will help get around that issue to an extent.

It's also a handy location to charge for anyone doing a Canberra -> Sydney run. I find a quick top up at Sutton Forest/Exeter while getting a coffee negates the need to find a charger in Sydney given some areas are poorly serviced with charging infrastructure. The Evie chargers are great but somewhat variable in reliability and getting a session started can be frustrating with the charger rejecting the Evie card and the need to fumble around with the phone app. Having the Tesla SC as an option will be great. I had considered Marulan but I think their chargers are limited to 75kW - better than nothing though.

Reactions: jacko306
It's also a handy location to charge for anyone doing a Canberra -> Sydney run. I find a quick top up at Sutton Forest/Exeter while getting a coffee negates the need to find a charger in Sydney given some areas are poorly serviced with charging infrastructure. The Evie chargers are great but somewhat variable in reliability and getting a session started can be frustrating with the charger rejecting the Evie card and the need to fumble around with the phone app. Having the Tesla SC as an option will be great. I had considered Marulan but I think their chargers are limited to 75kW - better than nothing though.

The couple of times it's rejected my card is because my payment details weren't up to date (expired card). Unfortunately it doesn't make it clear with the error on the screen and the texts Evie send you don't come through for a few minutes. Going into app and fixing the payment details gets the RFID card working as advertised.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vostok and Hairyman
Come for the charger, stay for the pie (or is it the other way around)

Doesn’t seem to be any progress. There was a pickup truck parked nearby with someone I thought checking something inside the charging stalls.

Alas when I came out from ordering pie, the pickup truck has left.

Attachments

• 148FAD6A-F5C5-4E47-A23B-489CC79FF58F.jpeg
    148FAD6A-F5C5-4E47-A23B-489CC79FF58F.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Chuq