Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Campbelltown, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged there yesterday evening (maybe 6pm).

* The traffic getting to/from the charger from the motorway was less dreadful than I thought it would be at that time of evening. It's not really too much of a diversion off the motorway and I think is equally good whether heading into or out of Sydney on that southern motorway.
* The speed humps in the carpark *are* massive and best taken really slowly and at an angle - doing so my Model 3 LR didn't bottom-out on them but it must have been close.
* The three dead stalls, at the end near the big Catholic Club sign that you can see in the YouTube preview frame above, are un-lit so no risk you will waste your time plugging in to one.
* The disabled stall (other end of the row of the chargers from the (dead) nose-in stall and facing them from the other side of the roadway) was ICEd by a moderately hotted-up Commodore with a disabled tag on the windscreen BUT the driver was clearly disabled and had two helpers to get him out of his wheelchair and back into the car just before he left. That stall is spray painted and signed as both disabled and Tesla charging, so I reckon that person won't be the only one to consider it a boolean OR rather than a boolean AND as far as using it (ie I reckon it will be used by non-Teslas or non-disabled-driver Teslas pretty regularly).
* The charger was pretty fast - it should have been as I was the only one charging - giving over 180kW when I first plugged in at under 20% SoC and still about 90kW when I disconnected at 60%.

IMG_0996.jpeg

You can see the three dead stalls (closest to camera), the (ICEd) disabled charging spot is out-of-shot but directly across the road where my car is facing, and you can just about see one of the giant speed humps at the very far end of the road (after the last parked car).

That stall is spray painted and signed as both disabled and Tesla charging, so I reckon that person won't be the only one to consider it a boolean OR rather than a boolean AND as far as using it (ie I reckon it will be used by non-Teslas or non-disabled-driver Teslas pretty regularly).

They should put up a sign that says “These markings are a Boolean AND not a Boolean OR” - that would clear up any confusion for Joe Public 🤣.

At the end of the day an accessible marked spot is what it is, adding a condition to it isn't recognised in any states road rules

The problem is nobody has explained how to deal with the conflict with the "charging marked spot" which is also a road rule now?

Are we following handicapped toilet stall rules (i.e. use it last)? or is it fully out of bounds to non-disabled permit vehicles who need to charge?

Sure that’s an easy workaround in this case, but on a busy Saturday afternoon when the carpark is full?

But to be clear, I was talking more about the general case of disabled charging stalls.

What happens when one of the Goulburn or majura stalls earns their blue badge?

Sure that’s an easy workaround in this case, but on a busy Saturday afternoon when the carpark is full?

But to be clear, I was talking more about the general case of disabled charging stalls.

What happens when one of the Goulburn or majura stalls earns their blue badge?
Maybe put “only” underneath Tesla so its “handicapped Tesla only“. Not perfect still but some Tesla haters might agree.

* The speed humps in the carpark *are* massive and best taken really slowly and at an angle - doing so my Model 3 LR didn't bottom-out on them but it must have been close.
Charged here today, can confirm. The one closest to the building is wider than the others and one side is angled, so that's the easiest one to drive carefully over.

Don't think it would go well here if we have the car packed to the gunwhales with holiday luggage though.