Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - The Dalles, OR (LIVE Aug 2014, 5 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fascinating. On my iPad using the plugshare app, it doesn’t show up, but it clearly shows up on the website. What’s more, the map itself on the app shows the charge station, but the plugshare app won’t recognize it.
Common problem with Plugshare. Gotta check your settings. It probably has certain types of stations turned off for some reason.

Fascinating. On my iPad using the plugshare app, it doesn’t show up, but it clearly shows up on the website. What’s more, the map itself on the app shows the charge station, but the plugshare app won’t recognize it.
The COCC ChargePoint site in Madras? It shows up on my IOS PlugShare app. I guess I did just download v5.8.2 of the app if that makes a difference.

This SC and Grants Pass SC must be the weakest locations in Oregon right now :/

Very weak and very important since it’s about 212 miles from the Sandy, OR supercharger to the one in Pendleton if this location was down. Even with a Long Range Model Y that might raise the blood pressure some in winter weather with heavy rain/standing water on the roads or a steady headwind. I could easily see 350 Wh/mi in the Y in those conditions and at 65mph... that gives you a 100% charge of ~214 miles which makes a tight run of it AND a long session in Sandy...

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
“Temporarily closure”.
It didn’t say that yesterday. Spent last night in the Dalles only to wake up to this. Checked them just to be sure.
Found one 30 amp charger at the Nissan dealer nearby, they’re letting me use it (“sure, 20 bucks”). In 3 hours I’ll feel safe enough to head to Sandy Supercharger.
Come on Tesla! We need this location upgraded ASAP!!!!

Reactions: chrstna4
yea, the boardman/hood river link would make this a lot better.

edit: there are a few other options there. none particularly fast, but there are half a dozen j1772 options, and a 14-50 option up in a park (though maybe padlocked). the free PUD one is 48A, so that might be a good choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnsh
So as we left the Dalles we drove by and saw that someone was inside the unlocked fence gate by the circuit breakers. Hopefully they recognize that this SC needs to be brought back online very soon. Good luck fellow travelers. We made it to the Vancouver Mall SC, which was listed as “limited service” earlier today, but is now going strong.

Last edited:
yea, the boardman/hood river link would make this a lot better.

edit: there are a few other options there. none particularly fast, but there are half a dozen j1772 options, and a 14-50 option up in a park (though maybe padlocked). the free PUD one is 48A, so that might be a good choice.

Boardman seems to have got the axe and has been removed from Tesla's coming soon map. Hood River is tentatively slated for Q2 this year (so hopefully by late summer?). Still, going East things could be a little rough. I'm glad I traded in for the Long Range Y.

Reactions: Raleel
Boardman seems to have got the axe and has been removed from Tesla's coming soon map. Hood River is tentatively slated for Q2 this year (so hopefully by late summer?). Still, going East things could be a little rough. I'm glad I traded in for the Long Range Y.

I get the feeling that Tesla just doesn't really care much for Oregon. Two of the major arteries of the state (I5 and (I84) have huge stretches with no Superchargers, with no foreseeable change on the horizon.