Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress continues. Looks like these will be light at night. Kinda cool.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414983298.358925.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414983340.826357.jpg

One thing I hope changes is the flow of traffic. This shot is from a two lane road. To back in we would need to stop traffic behind us as well as oncoming traffic as the road is rather narrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414983516.824461.jpg

Just swung be there yesterday evening and all the fencing is down and those grey steel cabinets in the pictures above, have been set up. There was still just one small area in front of the first charging stall that was fenced in, but I was able to pull up with no problem to the others. The road is no longer a one way street.

Due to it raining yet again, I couldn't take any decent pictures.

Unlike all the other SC I have been to, this one is going to be real tricky to get in and out off. All the SCs I have used going from CT to NC were set up in parking lots. This site is adjacent to a road. So, you are going to have to stop traffic to back into and exit these chargers.

Just swung be there yesterday evening and all the fencing is down and those grey steel cabinets in the pictures above, have been set up. There was still just one small area in front of the first charging stall that was fenced in, but I was able to pull up with no problem to the others. The road is no longer a one way street.

Unlike all the other SC I have been to, this one is going to be real tricky to get in and out off. All the SCs I have used going from CT to NC were set up in parking lots. This site is adjacent to a road. So, you are going to have to stop traffic to back into and exit these chargers.

Gosh, maybe I'll pull up sideways :)

Is it a real road or just part of the shopping center parking lot? Any idea if it gets much use?

These were taken on 7 Nov....I am glad that Tesla is placing these chargers here. It is a very much needed charging location along the I-84 corridor. It looks like the site will have 8 stalls. With the avg time to build and commission a site being 3 -4 weeks, I wonder when this one was started.
IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1745.jpg

I swung by again yesterday in between rain storms and I took these pictures. You can see how difficult it is going to be to pull into these. This road does see a bit of traffic. When I pulled up and paused to take a look, a car came up behind me, trying to leave the lot. So my concern is as you pull up and come to a stop, a car behind you isn't expecting you to be backing up, which you will have to do. This will force the person behind you to back up too.

Also, as you approach Red Robin, you will have to go to the left of the building because you can't make a left turn to get behind Red Robin.
West Hartford SC.JPG
WH charger.JPG

Just swung by there this morning and all of the construction is complete and all the related equipment is gone. I pulled up and figured what the hell and gave one a try and nothing...... The large gray cabinets seen behind the equipment in the pictures above have been placed within the enclosure. So, I wouldn't imagine it being too much longer. So perhaps for you shelbri, it will be alive by Thanksgiving.

I have lost track where I have mentioned this, so I apologize if this is a repeat, but I am organizing a little get together at this location for next Sat. at 10. In May I organized an owner meet and greet at the Milford service center. Now that us "Northerners" have a supercharger, why not set up the same type of thing here.

I plan on having some DD coffee and donuts on hand. Just like the meet and greet in Milford, it would be great to meet other owners and put faces to the names.

I have lost track where I have mentioned this, so I apologize if this is a repeat, but I am organizing a little get together at this location for next Sat. at 10. In May I organized an owner meet and greet at the Milford service center. Now that us "Northerners" have a supercharger, why not set up the same type of thing here.

I plan on having some DD coffee and donuts on hand. Just like the meet and greet in Milford, it would be great to meet other owners and put faces to the names.

Do you have any more details in a post somewhere>

Just swung by there this morning and all of the construction is complete and all the related equipment is gone. I pulled up and figured what the hell and gave one a try and nothing...... The large gray cabinets seen behind the equipment in the pictures above have been placed within the enclosure. So, I wouldn't imagine it being too much longer. So perhaps for you shelbri, it will be alive by Thanksgiving.

The usual last two steps before a Supercharger Site goes live are connection of the Utility Transformer for power to the site and final test and checkout by Tesla with the very last step charging at all the pedestals. Below is an annotated picture that shows all the parts and what they look like.

Keep an eye out for the transformer installation and connection. Several Supercharger Sites have had quite a wait for that step.

Blanding Equipment-2.jpg

Oh, actually you quoted the details. 10 am, Sat. Nov 22. Nothing formal, just a group of owners, new and "old", to talk Tesla and pass along tips. These forums are great, but sometimes in person is the best way to show what one's concern is.

I have also posted this on the forum on Tesla Motors' site and to the email listing I maintain.

I just spoke to a manager at Red Robin. According to her, they are way over schedule at this point and they are waiting for the installation and hook up of the transformer. I figured they'd be in the know....I am a little disappointed since I have to go that way tomorrow. But happy it's coming!

Well, since none of us knew what the original schedule was, nothing is lost. Sometime during the week I will swing out that way and look for a transformer. I know that voltage distribution cabinets have been placed behind the supercharger cabinets. I didn't notice a spot where a transformer would go.

Well, since none of us knew what the original schedule was, nothing is lost. Sometime during the week I will swing out that way and look for a transformer. I know that voltage distribution cabinets have been placed behind the supercharger cabinets. I didn't notice a spot where a transformer would go.

I think it's well to the right of the supercharger and distribution cabinets, if you're standing in the road looking at the chargers and Red Robin. They were digging a hole there when I took photos at the end of October - posted here or there's a link to the other thread I posted in.