Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I go from Austin to Amarillo, staying overnight, then to Vail, CO; once a year. Up to now I've been going from Amarillo to Tucumcar and Las Vegas, NM BEFORE I get to Trinidad. Do you recommend Amarillo-Dalhart-Trinidad instead?
There are several threads on this stretch of highway. This is probably not the right place to carry on another one, since the Wichita Falls SC is not even connected.

Reactions: houstonian and Hojo
The search capability on this forum is so 19th century, pretty 3rd rated crap.

For instance if you search of for a string like "battery" on topic titles, it won't even order it in some time series of latest to oldest.

I remember seeing an interesting post on the topic titled, "it is the batteries stupid", just a few days ago. So I searched for 'battery", "batteries", "stupid", and spent half hour trying to find out. It was buried on page 6 of search, although among all the hits, this one had the latest update a few days ago.

Even an half assed intern would do a better job of coming up with a better search algo.

Some more progress this week. (Still awaiting transformer.)
AA24168A-F25B-4CF0-8F24-D0FFCC5F6CA1.jpeg

Man, I was really hoping this would be done. I have to got to Amarillo tomorrow night from Southwest Denton County... This would have been nice. I dont think I'll have any issues in my LR AWD 3, but this would have been nice for a boost if I ran low for some reason before childress.

Man, I was really hoping this would be done. I have to got to Amarillo tomorrow night from Southwest Denton County... This would have been nice. I dont think I'll have any issues in my LR AWD 3, but this would have been nice for a boost if I ran low for some reason before childress.

LR3 AWD should be a no brainer. I drove it in April on my 2015 S85D and got to Southlake SC with 39 miles to spare. I left with 265 mile range.

Wow.. you only charged to what 80% and still had around 40 miles to spare? So if you charge it fully then this leg should be a no brainier for LR RWD with 320+ miles range.

Two things: 1) 265 miles is 100% on an S85D like rafacq was driving and importantly,
2) That route is asymmetric. It usually takes a lot more energy to drive west than east due to the elevation change and prevailing winds. All that said, you should be fine in an LR3. Just don't get too cocky. Get a full charge before you leave.

Two things: 1) 265 miles is 100% on an S85D like rafacq was driving and importantly,
2) That route is asymmetric. It usually takes a lot more energy to drive west than east due to the elevation change and prevailing winds. All that said, you should be fine in an LR3. Just don't get too cocky. Get a full charge before you leave.

Total agree with this. Doesn't hurt to check wind patterns on your favorite app/site. Keep an eye on your predicted ending range/charge and manage speed to your comfort level. My AWD 3 with 18" wheels (aeros off) is still tight enough on this stretch that you don't want to not pay attention. I was using 85-90% of total theoretical pack energy both ways, varying between 10 under the speed limit to a few over as my confidence changed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Wow.. you only charged to what 80% and still had around 40 miles to spare? So if you charge it fully then this leg should be a no brainier for LR RWD with 320+ miles range.
How did you come up with 80%?
100% charge on my S85D is still 270 miles! I charged in Childress about 1 hour and left with 265 miles range. I drove 65mph from Childress to Wichita Falls, where I was confident we would make Southlake SC so drove 70 the rest of the way.
D07EF18B-DDFC-45EF-9B0F-5267A4DE4448.jpeg

Actually 100% charge on my 2015 S85D is still the original 270 miles.I bought it in April with only 12,004 miles! Near mint condition!

Agree, west drive will require more energy, particularly if there is rain or strong headwinds. The night we drove was clear and temperature was about 50 degrees, so no climate used. Henrietta SC will make the trip a breeze!

Last edited:
Do we have any idea if this will be a V3 supercharger?

I wish it was ready already. Will be heading up that way to Denver from Fort Worth next week. LR RWD 3 should be easy, but my concern is how much time I have to charge at home before heading out after driving to work that day. May sleep in my car next to the Amarillo supercharger before heading to Palo Duro in the morning.

At least it is progressing.