Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wickenburg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sat 10/17/20 11:30am stall 1B gave some trouble. It started to charge, then message "check charging equipment" came on the screen. After the second time, I moved to 1A and had no issues. I didn't move to a different number to avoid sharing with people who were already charging, I switched stalls and hoped the problem was the stall and not charger #1.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Stopped by on my way to vegas. Looks like they messed up the charger numbering - which was already terrible at this location. It now reads:
1A, 2A, 3A, 2A, 1B, 3B, 4A, 4B (incorrect stalls in bold)
The 2nd 2A should be 1B and 1B should be 2B.
I agree and always do a double take when arriving at this location. It was less of an issue when Wickenburg wasn't as busy, but lately on Fri-Sun stops there have only been 2-3 open stalls. At that point, it is just luck of the draw and a few times the 2-3 open stalls include 2 paired ones. It would be nice to see Wickenburg upgraded to V3, like Gila Bend and Kingman have been. Flagstaff needs a V3 upgrade too, but that's a topic for a different thread.

It was less of an issue when Wickenburg wasn't as busy, but lately on Fri-Sun stops there have only been 2-3 open stalls
Yeah it seems like Wickenburg is right at the edge of becoming a problem location. I've never seen it with a line, but on holidays I have seen it full. A V3 upgrade would be really nice, but I'm guessing since it's not a problem yet - it's not on the radar for an upgrade.

Reactions: Sparky1
Stopped by on my way to vegas. Looks like they messed up the charger numbering - which was already terrible at this location. It now reads:
1A, 2A, 3A, 2A, 1B, 3B, 4A, 4B (incorrect stalls in bold)
The 2nd 2A should be 1B and 1B should be 2B.

I charge most weeks in Wickenburg and noticed the swapped numbering as well. Someone backed into and broke one of the charge stations a few months back, and when the repairs were made the replacement shells were placed onto the wrong stations. You are correct, the numbering should be 12312344.

Yeah it seems like Wickenburg is right at the edge of becoming a problem location. I've never seen it with a line, but on holidays I have seen it full. A V3 upgrade would be really nice, but I'm guessing since it's not a problem yet - it's not on the radar for an upgrade.
Consider it over the edge. Rolled in this afternoon to charge and had to wait, albeit only for a couple minutes. Based on the car nav, I noticed the red pin was off and on showing "short wait" for about an hour before my arrival. After plugging in, the line got a couple cars deep. This site quickly went from the least to most worrisome charger on the Vegas to Phx jaunt.

Consider it over the edge. Rolled in this afternoon to charge and had to wait, albeit only for a couple minutes. Based on the car nav, I noticed the red pin was off and on showing "short wait" for about an hour before my arrival. After plugging in, the line got a couple cars deep. This site quickly went from the least to most worrisome charger on the Vegas to Phx jaunt.
It's only for a few weekends due to events taking place in town, such as Gold Rush Days, rodeo, etc. Most of the year there will be no line and you're more likely to have the entire place to yourself.

Charged this afternoon in Wickenburg. Arrived to a "short wait" which was 5-7 minutes in line, but on top of the wait the charge session was slow and shared. Arrived at 16% SOC and never got to a rate over about 65kw. Turned a 12 minute charge and bathroom break into about a 35 minute experience. Feels like Wickenburg is ready for an expansion/250kw upgrade.