Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re Alexandria, Sydney
The entry and exit path here looks very different to what I went through. There are more lanes around to the left and it looks to be being set up for some form of timed/controlled entry and exit.
Correct you are. Lots of new concrete sending cars to what looks like will be two entry gates to the left. Now a metal control box on the mount.

Still a few sections flagged off but nothing that looks like superchargers for now.

Also went to Bondi Library and Eastgate in the last week and nothing new to report.

Reactions: RichardV
Also as noted on Whirlpool recently, we are now back to four Coming Soon Superchargers in Queensland - all listed as 2023 completions (Bundaberg and Mackay had previously been removed from the site in April 2023)

Might be related to the recent Qld Govt announcement where Tesla was a winner, but not clear for where.

The dots for Mackay and Bundaberg now appear fairly specific
Mackay - dot in Ooralea Shopping Centre
Bundaberg - dot in middle of Bundaberg Central (previously dot was at Childers)
Miriam Vale - dot just off Jinks St, seemingly generic location
Rockhampton - dot just off Fitzroy St/East Ln, seemingly also generic.

That Bundaberg location is so dumb. Bundaberg is a destination, not a highway location like Childers. So we're gonna end up with fast charging at Bundaberg, but on the highway at Childers we're stuck with slow 50kW charging.

Now, I understand destinations need fast charging too, but this seems back to front as highway locations should be the priority.

Childers really is a decent spot for charging, as I reckon I can make it there on a single charge from the Gold Coast (388 km). With a single 50 kW charger, I had to wait there when I was passing through. It would make more sense than Gympie (too short a distance) for people going north from Brisbane too. I'm wondering if they were struggling for power resources in Childers, as it's not a big place.