Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it’s also a garbage location. I know it must be difficult to find locations, but these locations just are not it.

If the fuel stations start throwing in a few charges at their bigger cafe/food sites, I’m not sure why you would bother with a location like this.

I’m still a big believer that if you cannot charge you vehicle at home, there is no point buying an EV. The few times you need to charge away from home, you want a decent location 24/7 with facilities because it’s probably a case of some emergency has popped up.
Disagree. Mornington is fine. Has heaps of parking will never be iced out, there's a cafe and other shops , supermarket etc. There's even a Super Cheap so you can romanticise on how things use to be before your EV. Something at the BP's on Peninsula link would be good too.

Canberra is on the Sydney-Snowfields route though.

Tuggeranong is a bit of a detour, 20 minute round trip from the highway, Canberra airport is 10 minute round trip. But if the charger utilisation is high at Canberra Airport, you only get 60 kW. That is, using napkin maths, 30 minutes to charge 30 kWh at Canberra Airport, vs a v3 supercharger for 21 minutes at high utilisation (sharing with 2 cars), or 14 minutes at moderate utilisation (sharing with 1 car).

As for local Canberrans, they won't cross lake Burley Griffin, so best think of Canberra as two cities either side of the lake.

Disagree. Mornington is fine. Has heaps of parking will never be iced out, there's a cafe and other shops , supermarket etc. There's even a Super Cheap so you can romanticise on how things use to be before your EV. Something at the BP's on Peninsula link would be good too.
I am from SA and used the Tesla Mornington supercharger. Great in that it's at the far end of the car park to prevent being ICEd. Sure the coffee shop is only open certain hours. We took a quick walk around the rose gardens to stretch our legs.

Starlink is now installed atop the Colac VIC Supercharger. It wasn't there a week ago. I didn't have a chance to see if the car would connect to the Starlink wifi. Anyone else had a play with this? Apparently, the car should automatically connect.
Devonport has the same (haven't tested - pic was sent to me by someone else):

1665531889552.png

I've just added 24 new permit sites to supercharge.info, referring to the NSW Govt funded sites: NSW EV charging master plan

Being government funded it's likely (probably a required condition of the funding) that these ones will be open to all EVs that use CCS2.

Curious observation - nothing at Holbrook and Kempsey. Possibly the only Tesla planned sites to get nothing. Both pretty central on their respective inter-capital city routes.

Reactions: Big Earl