Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the next round is now open.

No sites in South Korea.
The competition will be from Japan but it also has 20+ sites.

Lots of possible suburban sites for vote with 6 for Melbourne, 3 for Sydney and 1 in Brisbane and Canberra, then a handful of regional NSW sites (Orange and Batesman Bay already have funding, Braidwood is worth voting for), two in SA and one in Tas (Campbeltown)

Nothing in WA, NT or northern or regional Qld.

Mansfield, Vic is interesting. It had a pin a few years ago before the pin moved and the Yea site opened.

Last edited:
And the next round is now open.

No sites in South Korea.
The competition will be from Japan but it also has 20+ sites.

Lots of possible suburban sites for vote with 6 for Melbourne, 3 for Sydney and 1 in Brisbane and Canberra, then a handful of regional NSW sites (Orange and Batesman Bay already have funding, Braidwood is worth voting for), two in SA and one in Tas (Campbeltown)

Nothing in WA, NT or northern or regional Qld.

Mansfield, Vic is interesting. It had a pin a few years ago before the pin moved and the Yea site opened.

Orange one is interesting. The pin location is actually in Borenore just west of Orange. Not sure where the pin was in the previous round.
We have had winery chargers before, why not an Orchard charger?
1689131166059.png

1689130513754.png

(Though their is also a winery next door and and pin location may not be accurate at all).
Would need a substation install, but don't all new supercharger installs, but is right on an 11kW line.
1689130771767.png

I could see this being a supercharger I would actually use. I travel that way often enough.
1689131573371.png

As for competition from Japan, at least they have 16 sites up which will dilute the vote somewhat and last round did not see high numbers of voting.

Last edited:
Any updates with the Apollo Bay Supercharger?
Dedicated threads tend to get created pretty quickly if there is any sign of construction or any council DAs..

So no thread means no news.

and last round did not see high numbers of voting.
Yes. Australia typically outvotes Japan. When we got the 3 sites two rounds ago (Japan got the other 2) there were no Korean sites either.

And this last round was somewhat generous to South Korea - they only had five sites listed.

On the pins, the actual pin location is normally meaningless and often just the centre of the town/ council on Google maps.

I'm not actually sure how meaningful the votes are anyway.
This is just a selection of Tesla's 2-3 year plan and all likely to happen sooner or later subject to finding appropriate sites.

But it possibly means that Orange and Batesman Bay will be at the tail end of the NSW Govt funded sites.

Last edited:
Are all the sites which didn’t get up in the previous voting round in this new one, or are they all new/different?
So long since I voted. The city ones are all new.
But checking back in this thread - appears some similar names regionally.

These sites to vote for are next to useless for me. I don't have any motivation to vote for any of them. The closest site to me is 1400km away. Thats really useful.
These may help fill in some of the gap to you. Next use the suggest location as noted above to fill in any further gaps that might be needed to get you onto the supercharger network.
Don't have this stop you from voting, expanding the supercharger network will be good for all australians as continued expansion will see continued and expanded use. Manfield for example seems like a really key site for snow season for Victorians traveling up to Mt Buller. I will never likely use it, though maybe I might, I do remeber cycling up to Hotham, different Victoria snow area, in the off season but still managed to get caught out with snow. Maybe Mt Buller might make a good off season cycle trek.

Reactions: SPadival and B3AU
Note that additional driver accounts can also vote. I disenfranchised my wife & voted on her behalf 😂 - All places far away from my home. Had it with people wanting a supercharger right next to their garage.

Leongatha is currently #20 and deserves more love - it's a convenient stop on the way to Wilsons prom.

Note that additional driver accounts can also vote. I disenfranchised my wife & voted on her behalf 😂 - All places far away from my home. Had it with people wanting a supercharger right next to their garage.

Leongatha is currently #20 and deserves more love - it's a convenient stop on the way to Wilsons prom.
Yep, anyone with a Tesla account can vote, including Non-Tesla EV drivers - whether or not they've used a supercharger yet :)

• Funny
Reactions: moa999 and SPadival