Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever taken a serious look at the Mach E? It was on my radar for a while before I ended up taking the punt on my model 3.

I'm going to be in a position to get Ford's at a very good price in the future and I'm just wondering....when my model 3 warranty starts running out, what will I do.

Although to be perfectly honest i'd be sorely tempted to just go full mid life crisis and get a V8 mustang convertible for next to nothing 🤣 or a stonking kitted up ranger.......argh.
I did.

Half of knobs and levers are from 2015 Mondeo...

And door hamdle design iis....

• Informative
Reactions: Billbrown1982
I saw an article (Fortune I think) that it would cost the providers "nothing" to start charging the moment that the car is plugged in whilst the connectivity stuff then happens. The number of deceitful uses would be tiny, and if someone was at very low SoC then just the few minutes of attempting (and failing) to get connected would give them a few miles to try a different location (and likely that they would remember that "good service") along with successful charges spreading the news of "Brand X starts charging immediately" to all their mates ...

I'm not aware of a single provider that is doing that ...
Podpoint

They give you 15 min I think. They are slow chargers, but they do start charging as soon as you plug in. I presume it's because many of their chargers are in underground parking garages without mobile signal, and you need their app to have connectivity before you can pay

That sort of stuff is completely irrelevant to me, as are looks. My M3 is by far the ugliest car I’ve ever owned, and the MY plunges to new depths of ugliness.

Only my opinion of course.
so true, anyone that thinks any of the Telsa range are lookers needs a trip to specsavers, they are not pretty cars at all.

For me they fit a criteria and that is all. It was the best out of a bad bunch.

I know looks are subjective, but the Model Y is a hideous looking thing. The model 3 is in my opinion a lot better, but by no means a good looking car.

Has anyone ever taken a serious look at the Mach E? It was on my radar for a while before I ended up taking the punt on my model 3.

I'm going to be in a position to get Ford's at a very good price in the future and I'm just wondering....when my model 3 warranty starts running out, what will I do.

Although to be perfectly honest i'd be sorely tempted to just go full mid life crisis and get a V8 mustang convertible for next to nothing 🤣 or a stonking kitted up ranger.......argh.
Range/Charging is your compromise with a Mach E, if you care about some other aspect to compensate then it's a nice enough car. I do think the screen with that weird volume wheel is pointlessly different.

My neighbour has a v8 Mustang, starting it is the most pathetic example of compensating for physical inadequacy I've ever heard.

Range/Charging is your compromise with a Mach E

I tried ABetterRoutePlanner for my trip to the alps

M3 LR Aero wheels

796 miles, 1h30m charging, 337 Wh/mile 5-stops. Longest leg 140 miles 88% used [100%=159miles]

Mach-E Extended Range AWD

786 miles, 2h44m charging, 461 Wh/mile 6 stops, Longest leg 140 miles, 89% used [100%=157miles]

Charging speed definitely looks poor

Personally I like the compact SUV look and decent build quality of the Volvo XC40 recharge. Plus Google Maps and Apple CarPlay. Seems a good combination. I looked last year when switching out from my 2019 Model 3 to a 2022 Model Y as I wanted a hatch for the dog. But back then the range for the XC40 was significantly less than the Model Y. This years updated model is a considerable improvement in range so I would definitely consider it again, especially as 90% of my charging is done at home so the supercharger network is less of a “must have”. And in any case the XC40 charging port is in the same position as on Tesla cars so when Tesla fully open up the supercharger network to other brands, it would be easy to use.

Reactions: KJD and WyoDude
I have had SUV's for years, but because I couldn't afford the X, the Y wasn't available yet (plus I didn't think I liked the look of it and still don't) I ended up going for the 3.

Even now 2 years down the line I constantly get comments on how nice it looks and get people checking it out when i'm out and about.

BUT I'm fat and 40 now....I am starting to miss the ease and higher seating position of an SUV. Suspect my next purchase might be going back down that route. Not to mention the extra boot space etc.

Separate / parallel UK importers?

Sounds like a recipe for confusion at best and disaster at worst.

Maybe hold off for a wee while until they get their dealer network bedded in
"BYD has partnered with several UK dealer groups, including Pendragon, Lookers and Arnold Clark. More dealer partners will be announced in the coming weeks"

Reactions: WyoDude
You didn't watch the video I suspect ... just check out the under bonnet experience ...

(Especially for @Zilla91 Disclaimer: Sandy Munro is a Tesla shareholder.)
He’s a devious weasel, that Munro. He’s such a stooge for Musk that he started his company 15 years before Tesla even existed then built a reputation in the field of disassembling and analysing vehicles just so that he could buy Tesla stock and artificially inflate its value by pretending to be impressed.

Alternatively, he’s a guy who knows an awful lot about how cars are designed and built and who is so confident that Tesla are doing it right he invested his money in them.