Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are definitely other electric cars on the market that you might be interested in! Here are a few options to consider:
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E.
  • Volkswagen ID.4.
  • Hyundai Kona Electric.
The best electric car for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.

I know pickups are not particularly "sensible" on our roads and with our car parks etc, which was one of the main reasons I never bought a Ranger a few years back when I really fancied one.

But I did just watch a review of the Rivian R1T and my god it looks cool, with the exception of the STUPID headlights.

Reactions: KJD
I know pickups are not particularly "sensible" on our roads and with our car parks etc, which was one of the main reasons I never bought a Ranger a few years back when I really fancied one.

But I did just watch a review of the Rivian R1T and my god it looks cool, with the exception of the STUPID headlights.
You have to marvel at the idea of pulling up at a supercharger and blocking the adjacent bay with the camping gear attachment pulled out while you cook some sausages....
Could be handy in Wales with it's 1 meter wading depth...just a width problem getting down these single track roads...

Test drove the i4. Excellent car for the money and I do mean excellent. You do have to pay more for a lot of things that are standard on Tesla, but the base versions still have plenty of power, just not M3 performance.
adazzleman, you may pay more but you get them fully working, with Tesla you pay £3400 for EAP and don't get anything other than a note "Temporarily unavailable for a short period of time or coming soon" All we got six month down the line is Vision Park Assist, with warning in essence saying don't rely on it.

Reactions: CWT3LR

Fell in love with Rivian after watching Long Way Up, where they travelled from the tip of South America to North America on electric Harley Davidsons, and their support/film crew were all driving Rivians that were clearly just prototypes.

I believe they were planning to build a manufacturing plant in Bristol, but reading about it recently it looks like that may be going to mainland Europe instead. Regardless, would love one myself!

Reactions: Billbrown1982
I think BYD looks really exciting. People will say, “it’s an unknown quantity” and “there’s no infrastructure, what happens if it breaks down?” Well in the early days Tesla were an unknown quantity, infrastructure was very limited and the build quality was appalling. That didn’t stop the early adopters.

I think BYD will be pretty big here within 5 years.

I followed a blue BYD EV today for several miles. The location, it’s reg, and advertising on side would indicate that it had just come from Fully Charged show.

Couldn’t say much from the rear view but it looked quite good and seemed to handle the awful roads around there better than our Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR
I followed a blue BYD EV today for several miles. The location, it’s reg, and advertising on side would indicate that it had just come from Fully Charged show.

Couldn’t say much from the rear view but it looked quite good and seemed to handle the awful roads around there better than our Model 3.
Did you feel the revitalised and keen to build your dreams after those several miles?

• Funny
Reactions: Js1977