Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 2019 white M3P- with FSD and just under 50k kms on the odo. $60,500. Did a Carsales instant offer which came in at $60,400
Same as mine! Car sales instant offer a month ago was $76000! Carsales instant offer range is now $60 to $61K so probably not worth trading in for cars with FSD (as you get no benefit for this feature). Pity really as although criticised by many and so not valued, I really like the fetaures it provides especially the auto lane change, navigate on AP, speed sign recognition and stop at signals. Eventually FSD Beta may get here too. Handling and throttle response (excellent instant torque) are brilliant on the M3 in my humble opinion (nothing beats it out of the lights with its motorbike acceleration). So it will be interesting to see how the PYD compares to P3D. PYD just has that little bit of extra versatility as an SUV hatch.

Same as mine! Car sales instant offer a month ago was $76000! Carsales instant offer range is now $60 to $61K so probably not worth trading in for cars with FSD (as you get no benefit for this feature). Pity really as although criticised by many and so not valued, I really like the fetaures it provides especially the auto lane change, navigate on AP, speed sign recognition and stop at signals. Eventually FSD Beta may get here too. Handling and throttle response (excellent instant torque) are brilliant on the M3 in my humble opinion (nothing beats it out of the lights with its motorbike acceleration). So it will be interesting to see how the PYD compares to P3D. PYD just has that little bit of extra versatility as an SUV hatch.
Oh and before anyone asks I used old terminology from early Tesla days. P3D = M3P and PYD = MYP. Apologies to new Tesla fans.

7c2yyr.jpg

😜

We have been given a delivery date and text and VIN, but VIN implies built in 2022? Tesla said that the vehicle arrived at their delivery centre today. Anyone have any insight on which boat docked recently?
do you have your final invoice yet ? as that will confirm build date ?

I dont believe any MYP for Aus was built 2022, unless they are re-directing other RHD markets to us, lets hope not.

I’ll throw this theory in to the mix for Performance model Y VIN holders, feel free to correct me:
By the time Crystal Ace arrives in Fremantle on March 16th the delivery centre should be almost car free after a very busy 4-6 weeks delivering nearly 1000 cars since mid January. Most or all of the 100 model Ys unloaded will go direct to an empty Osborne Park rather than being caught up in a queue. Deliveries to start on Tuesday the 21st and be completed by Saturday the 25th of March.

Unfortunately @The Skeezer jinxed it when they said it would be 5 week journey! It's no longer on a fast route and is going to take a tour of Laem Chabang/Thailand before it gets to use. Now an extra 3 weeks on the journey.

The theory still applies though unless a direct ship gets here before Mermaid/Crystal/PlaceholderShip

332204797_1400762164087726_2664971499117650302_n.png

Unfortunately @The Skeezer jinxed it when they said it would be 5 week journey! It's no longer on a fast route and is going to take a tour of Laem Chabang/Thailand before it gets to use. Now an extra 3 weeks on the journey.

The theory still applies though unless a direct ship gets here before Mermaid/Crystal/PlaceholderShip

View attachment 910352
Might end up on your ship after all 😅

I’m a first week of November order, MYRWD MSM with black interior and Gemini’s. Still waiting, pretty sure I now know no one who is waiting for the same spec car as me in WA so guess I’m front or near enough now to be on the next ship unless I am cursed again and it’s only another 15 MYRWD or it’s just 500 M3s. Pretty *sugar* seeing people ordering a MYRWD after me getting a car and now after I told the SA I’ll take any colour. Oh well.
I’m good news I guess, my Kia EV6 order just got a vin and delivery is in April, guess the race is on now for Tesla

Apologies if asked before, as it seems to vary of late, does VIN get assigned when car is manufactured and loaded onto boat in Shanghai, or when it docks at destination port ?

Sometimes at the factory but mostly when it's on the ship - anywhere from just left to up to 10 days after it's left but after 10 days would be rare. So for example my car is on Mermaid Ace and I got my hidden vin about 4 hours after it left Shanghai port which was a bit of a surprise to be so early in the journey. I got my Tesla alert that a car had been assigned to me yesterday (3 days after hidden vin).

If a vin is allocated much later then it can be due to a cancellation that someone has cancelled their order after being assigned a vin and then it's been re-allocated to you.

Reactions: Dannerz
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 2.01.36 pm.png

Cheeky Pad Thai trip has been cancelled. Now it's a holiday on Sentosa sipping on Singapore Slings for 3 weeks until the Thai --> Fremantle swings by and picks up our cars and continues onto Fremantle.
The good news is that the date has moved back a smidge into March.
The bad news is that it change again and again.

View attachment 911891

Cheeky Pad Thai trip has been cancelled. Now it's a holiday on Sentosa sipping on Singapore Slings for 3 weeks until the Thai --> Fremantle swings by and picks up our cars and continues onto Fremantle.
The good news is that the date has moved back a smidge into March.
The bad news is that it change again and again.
The 5 days earlier ship arrival may make a big difference in delivery times depending on how busy the Perth delivery centre is expected to be at that time.

Sorry no recommendations here.

What's your plan for charging? I'm going to stick it out with the 10amp GPO mostly but I do have a 32amp 5 pin adaptor for my UMC that I can use but that plug is in a stupid spot so not as accessible as the 10amp right next to my car bay.

Going to start with 15A UMC and see how I go.. I don't drive more than 10K/year (cycle alot)
Wanted to get a Kohns 3ph charger for those south west trips.
I think I can reduce the installation cost by running the 6mm4C+E (15-20m+ conduit) and doing everything except final termination & connection (already have 3phase)