Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 5 days earlier ship arrival may make a big difference in delivery times depending on how busy the Perth delivery centre is expected to be at that time.

Overall it's still a delay from it's original ETA so it should be very very very empty from Dignity Ace and sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for this shipment of 100 cars to arrive.
Still touch and go on if those post July 8th cars on the ship will get UMC as it's likely to be an April pick up not Q1 now. Those guys need to pray for another slight change, empty berths, empty delivery centre and first up on the pick ups.

For those hoping to add a referral code to their order now that the Referral program has been restarted (it ended in Sepember/October 2021), you are out of luck unfortunately. Tesla Australia advised today that credits are only available if you use a referral code when ordering. So its stiff cheddar for those that ordered in the period between when the previous scheme ended in September 21 and the new one starting yesterday. SC staff won't add your code into existing orders as they used to do under the old program.

The only way apparently, is to cancel your order, forfeit the ($350 or $400) booking fee, reorder and re-queue.

Reactions: moa999
Going to start with 15A UMC and see how I go.. I don't drive more than 10K/year (cycle alot)
Wanted to get a Kohns 3ph charger for those south west trips.
I think I can reduce the installation cost by running the 6mm4C+E (15-20m+ conduit) and doing everything except final termination & connection (already have 3phase)
The KHONS is a good value for money 3 phase EVSE although you won’t get much use for it in the South-West, its more useful past Geraldton or from Southern Cross and further East.

Overall it's still a delay from it's original ETA so it should be very very very empty from Dignity Ace and sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for this shipment of 100 cars to arrive.
Still touch and go on if those post July 8th cars on the ship will get UMC as it's likely to be an April pick up not Q1 now. Those guys need to pray for another slight change, empty berths, empty delivery centre and first up on the pick ups.
It would be a winner if Tesla continued to provide UMCs into Q2.

So…How do I get/use a referral code?? I’m about to place an order for the wife. Bog std Y white/black.
Existing owners can share their link with you from the "Lootbox" section of the app.

It's a link rather than a code - you need to use someone's referral link to go to the Tesla site and start your order.

It's not allowed to post the links publicly on this forum. I've sent you mine in a message in case you still need one.

Has anyone had any success picking up their vehicle despite funds being with Tesla for less than 48hrs? Have been notified funds have to be cleared for 48hrs before we can collect car, but settlement is being processed as we speak so might be cutting it fine for our Thursday pick up :(. Going through Maxxia who utilise Angle Auto Finance for the novated leasing.

Has anyone had any success picking up their vehicle despite funds being with Tesla for less than 48hrs? Have been notified funds have to be cleared for 48hrs before we can collect car, but settlement is being processed as we speak so might be cutting it fine for our Thursday pick up :(. Going through Maxxia who utilise Angle Auto Finance for the novated leasing.
I messaged the SMS number back when they hadn't cleared intime and they gave me about 36 hours to clear.

However with it only settling today it probably won't appear in the account until tomorrow based on my experience with Maxxia so I'm guessing you may be getting pushed back a day or 2.

You will pretty quickly forget the day or 2 delay by the time you have it. We had to push from the Friday to the next Wednesday a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the feedback - so in SW what’s the most common thing (1 supercharger, destination chargers and UMC?)
If you’re heading towards Yallingyup, Augusta, Pemberton the Eaton Superchargers will get you through. There are RAC 50kw DC at various locations but reliability is poor. Getting to Albany is a breeze via the Williams Supercharger, plus Synergy should have some Kempower DC chargers operating in Albany by June. Driving to Esperance is via the Williams Superchargers, Lake Grace 50kw DC and the Ravensthorpe 50kw DC. Horizon Power is currently construction some DC chargers in the Esperance townsite. If you want to detour from Esperance back to Perth via Kalgoorlie that’s when the KHONS 3 phase comes in handy, it can be used at both Norseman and Southern Cross for the next 12-18 months before DC is installed at both those sites.

If you’re heading towards Yallingyup, Augusta, Pemberton the Eaton Superchargers will get you through. There are RAC 50kw DC at various locations but reliability is poor. Getting to Albany is a breeze via the Williams Supercharger, plus Synergy should have some Kempower DC chargers operating in Albany by June. Driving to Esperance is via the Williams Superchargers, Lake Grace 50kw DC and the Ravensthorpe 50kw DC. Horizon Power is currently construction some DC chargers in the Esperance townsite. If you want to detour from Esperance back to Perth via Kalgoorlie that’s when the KHONS 3 phase comes in handy, it can be used at both Norseman and Southern Cross for the next 12-18 months before DC is installed at both those sites.
Thanks for the great summary ! Will keep this handy

Reactions: Blue heaven
Taking ship stalking to the next level...

The Mermaid Ace dropped Perth Bound Teslas in Singapore on 28 Feb and the Crystal Ace has just docked.
I'd put my money on Crystal Ace loading the Teslas and it's due in Fremantle 18th Mar.

Possibly (50/50) the webcam of our cars - showing a MOL ship leaving Singapore

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 1.59.46 am.png

Last edited:
Reactions: alliwantisaY
I'm hoping they are go via Crystal Ace too as that was one of the original ship options and gets here in only a couple of weeks
There are a few options.
1. they stay in Singapore and Crystal Ace goes Singapore -> Laem Chabang -> Singpore (pick up our Teslas) then onto Fremantle
2. they hop on Crystal now then Singapore -> Laem Chabang -> Singapore -> fremantle . If this was the case though I'd expect our RoRo itenerary to already be updated
3. they just sit in singapore until a ship is assigned. I have to assume this is quite expensive and they don't want to do this for too long and they only need space for 100 cars on any MolAce ship heading to Fremantle

Taking ship stalking to the next level...

The Mermaid Ace dropped Perth Bound Teslas in Singapore on 28 Feb and the Crystal Ace has just docked.
I'd put my money on Crystal Ace loading the Teslas and it's due in Fremantle 18th Mar.

Possibly (50/50) the webcam of our cars - showing a MOL ship leaving Singapore

View attachment 913015
Haha we were talking about this earlier somewhere else. Looks like if crystal ace ain’t gonna take the load and the current dates on the molace website is just a placeholder, the next ship after crystal ace is marguerite ace due on the 12th so like freo around 20-22nd. Opal ace is also bound for Singapore not assigned to any route or schedule with a similar time frame. I was gonna say comet ace possibly as well but she’s off to the Phillipines from Thailand :(

If anyone’s still waiting like me for a vin. Lake Geneva I think is the next due mid March to Shanghai that could be of interest then another ship late March on the same route so still 2 more chances for WA to get some vins in this quarter but that last ship might push to next quarter for vin assignment. Mermaid ace is also heading back to Shanghai after dropping off the current vins for WA in Singapore, doubt she’ll come back but who knows

Haha we were talking about this earlier somewhere else. Looks like if crystal ace ain’t gonna take the load and the current dates on the molace website is just a placeholder, the next ship after crystal ace is marguerite ace due on the 12th so like freo around 20-22nd. Opal ace is also bound for Singapore not assigned to any route or schedule with a similar time frame. I was gonna say comet ace possibly as well but she’s off to the Phillipines from Thailand :(

If anyone’s still waiting like me for a vin. Lake Geneva I think is the next due mid March to Shanghai that could be of interest then another ship late March on the same route so still 2 more chances for WA to get some vins in this quarter but that last ship might push to next quarter for vin assignment. Mermaid ace is also heading back to Shanghai after dropping off the current vins for WA in Singapore, doubt she’ll come back but who knows
I am still waiting too. First day 9pm (EST) MYP order white/ black. EDD still showing as January-March 23. When did you order Dannerz?

Reactions: Dannerz
Crystal Ace has left port.. bound for.. Thailand...
Expecting to arrive there in .... June, apparently 🤣

1677901116300.png
CrystalACE-wrongdate.png

I think they meant 2023-03-06, ie on Monday.

According to Fremantle Port Crystal Ace is still expected to dock on the 18th

Yeah it'll come back to Singapore, hopefully pick up some Teslas and then come here.

Crystal Ace has left port.. bound for.. Thailand...

This is good news. We know that the placement route to get us to Fremantle is a Thailand-> Fremantle route so if Crystal Ace is heading to Laem Chabang/Thailand it has time to go to Thailand, then Singapore then Fremantle.
Fingers crossed they allocate it to us as that would be awesome to get the cars a bit earlier