Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered November and got the UMC voucher, seems to be for the late feb builds that don’t come with it but should be entitled to it like every other state has been in the past couple months.

Yeah weird enough I did my insurance today for the leasing company and RAC had dropped a couple hundred bucks between now and a couple weeks ago when I was looking, no other company seems to come close atm
Lol mine went up with rac c.f. A month ago

Thanks mate, I just bought the long edge ones from Xcar 🙂
And I got a special deal on high impact package PPF and full body 9y Ceramic Coating to be installed pickup day 😄

Not sure where to post this so will start here.

Just back from 10 days in Perth and glad to report quite a few Teslas running round. On a train ride to Fremantle on Thursday noticed a RORO vessel discharging large numbers of vehicles onto the wharf - including a very significant batch of Teslas. Happy days for some WA customers over the next week or so.

My main comment - the blue EV triangle on the numberplates seems to be not required in the west? The only triangle I saw was on a Polestar with NSW plates parked at the Barrack Street jetty.

(We flew there and back - not yet game to take on the trip by road.)

Reactions: Dannerz
Looks like valiant aces cars had an EDD update today of 26 May - 16 June and valiant ace itself is on schedule to Singapore now and arrival 21/22 May seems likely. Deliveries from the 26 May seem unlikely with the current world spirit cars taking deliveries up until the last week of May. I would expect valiant aces cars to then be delivered from possibly the 29th but more that likely later in that same week.

For people without a vin, lavender ace is due to Shanghai in a weeks time today. I’d be betting this is a higher likelihood than most other ships to be carrying teslas but not definite. It’s also confirmed to Fremantle on the 11th of June so if Tesla and the shipping gods were feeling generous, this could be a nice shipment with surely overdue M3 variants and even MYLR.

Reactions: Adz1
Not sure where to post this so will start here.

Just back from 10 days in Perth and glad to report quite a few Teslas running round. On a train ride to Fremantle on Thursday noticed a RORO vessel discharging large numbers of vehicles onto the wharf - including a very significant batch of Teslas. Happy days for some WA customers over the next week or so.

My main comment - the blue EV triangle on the numberplates seems to be not required in the west? The only triangle I saw was on a Polestar with NSW plates parked at the Barrack Street jetty.

(We flew there and back - not yet game to take on the trip by road.)
I have heard rumours of these mysterious blue EV triangles from "over east". No special EV privileges here in the west unfortunately.

Looks like valiant aces cars had an EDD update today of 26 May - 16 June and valiant ace itself is on schedule to Singapore now and arrival 21/22 May seems likely. Deliveries from the 26 May seem unlikely with the current world spirit cars taking deliveries up until the last week of May. I would expect valiant aces cars to then be delivered from possibly the 29th but more that likely later in that same week.

For people without a vin, lavender ace is due to Shanghai in a weeks time today. I’d be betting this is a higher likelihood than most other ships to be carrying teslas but not definite. It’s also confirmed to Fremantle on the 11th of June so if Tesla and the shipping gods were feeling generous, this could be a nice shipment with surely overdue M3 variants and even MYLR.
Does it mean for those people who doesn’t have VIN will probably get a VIN sometime this week before the ship leaving Shanghai?OD late March.

I have heard rumours of these mysterious blue EV triangles from "over east". No special EV privileges here in the west unfortunately.
No driver privileges - just seems we Easteners value our firies a little more than you do. The triangle is to warn them that a large battery is present in the car. BEVs HEVs and PHEVs all must have the triangle on both front and rear plates. Seems like a good idea to me.

No driver privileges - just seems we Easteners value our firies a little more than you do. The triangle is to warn them that a large battery is present in the car. BEVs HEVs and PHEVs all must have the triangle on both front and rear plates. Seems like a good idea to me.
It's been in the national model rules (see 144B) for about 4 or 5 years, so eventually they'll implement it on WA time I guess.

Reactions: Stu F and Morri
Does it mean for those people who doesn’t have VIN will probably get a VIN sometime this week before the ship leaving Shanghai?OD late March.
Generally it’s the week after the ship leaves is around the time vins come out. It might not happen with this ship and it could be another mol ace ship that departs Shanghai on its way west via Singapore. If it is lavender ace, the vin usually comes out after it departs mcid which is the next port after Shanghai so like a week.

Other ships to watch atm are prestige ace that just left Shanghai and now en route to Singapore, this ship has carried teslas to Australia earlier this year. Paradise ace has just arrived in Shanghai and will depart for what looks probably like a Europe bound trip. So there’s a few options over the next few weeks to watch but of course ain’t guaranteed any.

Reactions: alvintiong
Generally it’s the week after the ship leaves is around the time vins come out. It might not happen with this ship and it could be another mol ace ship that departs Shanghai on its way west via Singapore. If it is lavender ace, the vin usually comes out after it departs mcid which is the next port after Shanghai so like a week.

Other ships to watch atm are prestige ace that just left Shanghai and now en route to Singapore, this ship has carried teslas to Australia earlier this year. Paradise ace has just arrived in Shanghai and will depart for what looks probably like a Europe bound trip. So there’s a few options over the next few weeks to watch but of course ain’t guaranteed any.
so normally we get VIN one week after the ship departed shanghai?