Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm looking at insurance providers for my mythical M3LR if it ever appears, I've already done some estimates previously, but figured maybe I can find a better deal and let's just say I'm shocked at the prices some providers think its ok to charge.

I'm looking for ~$500-$750 excess with maximum agreed value, and hirecar after and NCB protection where possible. I have no claims in 5 years (at fault or not), two points on my license, and I'm almost 38.

I've seen quotes from $1700 to $3900+

The best I've found so far is Allianz and RAC (with my silver membership). Any suggestions on any others I should be looking at?

Reactions: huddo85
So, I'm looking at insurance providers for my mythical M3LR if it ever appears, I've already done some estimates previously, but figured maybe I can find a better deal and let's just say I'm shocked at the prices some providers think its ok to charge.

I'm looking for ~$500-$750 excess with maximum agreed value, and hirecar after and NCB protection where possible. I have no claims in 5 years (at fault or not), two points on my license, and I'm almost 38.

I've seen quotes from $1700 to $3900+

The best I've found so far is Allianz and RAC (with my silver membership). Any suggestions on any others I should be looking at?
Haha love the “mythical” bit. Feeling exactly the same way when the delivery date just keeps being pushed back week after week. Hopefully will be worth it in the end

If you’re gonna go the carsales or Tesla trade in route, do what I did and just throw it up for private sale. I ended up getting a dealer to take is as a trade in from marketplace. Carsales instant offered 20% more than Tesla and the dealer offered another 10% more, it’s worth it if you’re waiting for another month. I also didn’t throw it up until I knew the ship was docking in less than a week. I can’t see any point trading it in now on carsales rather than waiting a few weeks.

If you haven’t gotten a vin for a M3LR or M3P yet, you’re definitely not getting it this month and at this rate neither will you get it next month either. Might finally see them in august with hopefully the highland update and hw4 to soften the wait.

Opal and courageous ace both due in Shanghai in the next couple weeks, both would usually be prime candidates for cars to Perth, might see some Y’s but unsure about 3’s with the whole shutdown

Reactions: Morri
Just checked Freo ports and still showing tomorrow morning 5am scheduled.
1686542979825.png

This means it's scheduled to arrive at the Gage Roads Anchorage (between Rottnest and Fremantle) at 5am tomorrow.
And is then scheduled to be moved ("Removal") from the anchorage to Quayside at 2am on the 15th, and depart on the 16th.

But most of the RoRo ships decline the offer of the Gage Roads anchorage. They prefer to steam around in circles off the coast instead of paying for a harbour pilot to take them to the anchorage, and then another pilot to take them into port.

Reactions: Adz1
View attachment 946084

This means it's scheduled to arrive at the Gage Roads Anchorage (between Rottnest and Fremantle) at 5am tomorrow.
And is then scheduled to be moved ("Removal") from the anchorage to Quayside at 2am on the 15th, and depart on the 16th.

But most of the RoRo ships decline the offer of the Gage Roads anchorage. They prefer to steam around in circles off the coast instead of paying for a harbour pilot to take them to the anchorage, and then another pilot to take them into port.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Hopefully a quick turnaround for vehicle deliveries!

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Hopefully a quick turnaround for vehicle deliveries!
I might not mind slower deliveries. First week of July = first week of new Tesla quarter. The first week of the last two quarters in January and April saw lovely price reductions!! And my sales advisor at Tesla PERTH says that even though my EDD shows June 18-July 9, HE believes it WILL be the first week of July.

My insurance quote from RACWA for agreed $67500 for my standard white model 3 RWD, unlimited Car hire and full glass cover (incl roof, and I checked!) is $914.84 for the year. No NCB protection. RAC Gold member. 68 years old. One no fault claim 2 yrs ago.

Last edited: