TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AmpedRealtor, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dennis

dennis P85D

Actually, it makes a lot of sense:

- There is likely to be a Model S (and possibly X) interior refresh in early October
    - US custom orders have already been pushed out to October
    - The bulk of remaining Q3 sales will be fulfilled from inventory
    - Any inventory cars remaining in October will have to be devalued because they don't have the latest interior
    - Makes sense to discount them now instead to goose Q3 sales
    - Discounts are only on the more expensive models so there is less of a hit to gross margin

• Like x 4
  2. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

At one moment seeing this thread, I wished I waited a little longer. As my 100D is near that price.

But at the same time, I had over a month of enjoying the Model X, so no regret at all.

• Like x 2
  3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Hopefully the interior will compete with lucid air

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

I was not impressed with interior or exterior design of the Lucid Air ... check out the small rear trunk :cool:
    The car was on display at Pebble Beach this year.

IMG_7105.JPG IMG_7108.JPG IMG_7107.JPG IMG_7109.JPG

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  5. mmd

mmd Active Member

Let's hope no one tweets these deals to Elon; he will kill these right after Sep 30. And again after Dec 31. And again.
    When friends and family pay full price, it is totally unfair to offer these big discounts to others :)

• Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. SDRick

SDRick Member

if the refresh includes soft close doors (or auto doors a la X), more soundproofing, coat hooks and HUD I may upgrade.

• Like x 3
  7. Nosken

Nosken Member

Remember-October, has historically been the month for new stuff.

• Informative x 1
  8. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

The self closing doors are an awesome feature, but they have been a maintenance nightmare for Tesla on the MX.... although they seem to have them sorted out now so maybe they will feel confident bringing them to the MS.

• Like x 1
  9. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

Likely the upgrade is the increasing speed of 100X and autopilot 2.5 in S/X/3. That's my guess.

10. Naonak

Naonak Member

My first reaction was hell yeah, P100D here I come... then I a few minutes later I remembered my bitter disappointment in learning of AP2 and refreshed nose 2 months after I bought my P90DL. (of course, it turns out sticking with an AP1 car was most definitely the way to go)

Not going to fall into that trap this time. While I'd love a P100DL, as soon as I buy it, the refreshed interior is going to come out and I'll be bitterly disappointed. No sir... now if it was a 50% discount, I'd bite, but not a 30k discount. Although the wife needs a new MS, so if I could pick up a good car for around $70k, I might jump on that... but I'd really like to just give her my P90DL and upgrade to a new one. :) Her P85 has aged very well, though and she's very happy with it.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  11. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Well, those of us who ordered after August 21 can only hope! :D

12. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I'd bet not and here's why;

Model 3 ramping to 500,000+ per year for 2019
    Model Y production begins end of 2019 - beginning 2020
    Semi reveal Sept 2017 with customers already - production starts some time in 2019? 2020? I think a date has been mentioned, but if not we'll find out later this month I'd think.
    Pick up truck sooner rather than later?

Where do they find the time to also do an entire redesign so soon? Okay, here's the only thing I can come up with. Elon was planning on doing a whole new platform for the Model Y but was talked out of it so they could bring the Y to market sooner. Perhaps this new platform they'd intended on doing with serve for a redesign of the S? But still, where do you think they find the time to insert that into all the other plans they have and the production of 1M+ of 3's and Y's? Maybe the pick up truck and a redesigned S will be on this new platform, but even if that's true I can't see them being able to do it in a year or two time. It takes an entire year just to build the tooling for a new vehicle. They'd have to be starting or starting real soon the tooling for the Y just to hit the target date they've put out there.

• Like x 1
  13. evster

evster Member

Regarding the complete overhaul of interior for the S that is discussed all over the place I'm not so sure it will come anytime soon. In ordinary Tesla manner there are smaller (and sometime a bit bigger) changes to the production line.

I think the interior will update in increments and it has already started. First Tesla changed to the new font seats that actually look great and are quite competitive in my book. Now just recently end July they will build all new cars with a re-design back seat. Center console is updated now in full premium interior material. Next up might be new lower door parts containing door pockets, we know that the Mercedes switch gears will be phased out with new levers etc.. When that is done the dashboard will get an update with the new interior vents á la Model 3... then a HUD.. .etc

Or do you really think Tesla put down a lot of effort in these increment changes for the S and X and then just come up with a complete re-design? I think they will in due course, but probably not within a year from now. That's my prediction and that will probably be completely wrong, but at least it's a prediction :)

• Like x 2
  14. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Oy. At $30K off I would've pulled the trigger on that if available 12 weeks ago. Oh well - next time!

15. Silenus136

Silenus136 Member

Where does the purported information about an interior refresh come from? Just speculation and aging of current Model S design, or has there been some more concrete information released? Looking at upgrading my S85 and salespeople at local store say no refresh in the offing, but I am aware of the historic lack of accuracy of information coming from Tesla store sales staff. Anything available that is more reliable?

16. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

IMO we have already seen the new interior: they have changed the rear bench seat. That's it.

If the S had the auto front doors from the X (for example) then evidence would be there, in the same place as the evidence for the new AP hardware.

• Funny x 2
  17. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Model 3 like interior upgrade in Q4?

HUD? ;)

18. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

They have changed all the seats with the new material. You can call that what you want. No more leather, only base material or 'premium' white/cream/black.

And those minor seat changes, yep.

Only other leak/change was the doc about the shifter stalk being the same as the 3.

Would the X change majorly after 18 months? Dunno about the S. We do have the 'August 21' AP hardware.

What constitutes another refresh?

19. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

A new dash?

20. evster

evster Member

One thing that I really would like to see on the S is new tail lights. The ones on 3 and X are just so much more modern with the continuous LED instead of the dotted that were popular on Audis in 2012. Hope Tesla change them soon!

• Like x 1