Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, it makes a lot of sense:

- There is likely to be a Model S (and possibly X) interior refresh in early October
- US custom orders have already been pushed out to October
- The bulk of remaining Q3 sales will be fulfilled from inventory
- Any inventory cars remaining in October will have to be devalued because they don't have the latest interior
- Makes sense to discount them now instead to goose Q3 sales
- Discounts are only on the more expensive models so there is less of a hit to gross margin

Hopefully the interior will compete with lucid air

I was not impressed with interior or exterior design of the Lucid Air ... check out the small rear trunk :cool:
The car was on display at Pebble Beach this year.

IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7108.JPG
IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG

I heard about this too. It is based on the "discount" in combination with the residual value. For example a fully loaded Model S P100D custom order would lease for around $2,100 but the same car is between $1,500/$1,600/ month. Model S 100D with the same options would be $100 to $200 more. I feel like there will always be something new from Tesla but if you want to perform his car this seems like a good deal. I just ordered one of the remaining 90D's and was satisfied with the incentives :)

Let's hope no one tweets these deals to Elon; he will kill these right after Sep 30. And again after Dec 31. And again.
When friends and family pay full price, it is totally unfair to offer these big discounts to others :)

Elon Musk Q3 2016 ER said:
Elon Reeve Musk - Tesla Motors, Inc.
Yeah. In fact, just to highlight one element (5:34) of what Jason's saying, our vehicle gross margin increased Q2 to Q3. One of the other things I've seen out there is that, like, somehow we achieved these numbers as a result of widespread discounting, that is absolutely false. There were a few discounts that – but they were few and far between and that has been absolutely shot down to zero.

My first reaction was hell yeah, P100D here I come... then I a few minutes later I remembered my bitter disappointment in learning of AP2 and refreshed nose 2 months after I bought my P90DL. (of course, it turns out sticking with an AP1 car was most definitely the way to go)

Not going to fall into that trap this time. While I'd love a P100DL, as soon as I buy it, the refreshed interior is going to come out and I'll be bitterly disappointed. No sir... now if it was a 50% discount, I'd bite, but not a 30k discount. Although the wife needs a new MS, so if I could pick up a good car for around $70k, I might jump on that... but I'd really like to just give her my P90DL and upgrade to a new one. :) Her P85 has aged very well, though and she's very happy with it.

I agree, but I'd bet on a total redesign within another year or two. There are simply too many advantages in production engineering, pack design and so on to wait too long.

I'd bet not and here's why;

Model 3 ramping to 500,000+ per year for 2019
Model Y production begins end of 2019 - beginning 2020
Semi reveal Sept 2017 with customers already - production starts some time in 2019? 2020? I think a date has been mentioned, but if not we'll find out later this month I'd think.
Pick up truck sooner rather than later?

Where do they find the time to also do an entire redesign so soon? Okay, here's the only thing I can come up with. Elon was planning on doing a whole new platform for the Model Y but was talked out of it so they could bring the Y to market sooner. Perhaps this new platform they'd intended on doing with serve for a redesign of the S? But still, where do you think they find the time to insert that into all the other plans they have and the production of 1M+ of 3's and Y's? Maybe the pick up truck and a redesigned S will be on this new platform, but even if that's true I can't see them being able to do it in a year or two time. It takes an entire year just to build the tooling for a new vehicle. They'd have to be starting or starting real soon the tooling for the Y just to hit the target date they've put out there.

Reactions: Olle
Regarding the complete overhaul of interior for the S that is discussed all over the place I'm not so sure it will come anytime soon. In ordinary Tesla manner there are smaller (and sometime a bit bigger) changes to the production line.

I think the interior will update in increments and it has already started. First Tesla changed to the new font seats that actually look great and are quite competitive in my book. Now just recently end July they will build all new cars with a re-design back seat. Center console is updated now in full premium interior material. Next up might be new lower door parts containing door pockets, we know that the Mercedes switch gears will be phased out with new levers etc.. When that is done the dashboard will get an update with the new interior vents á la Model 3... then a HUD.. .etc

Or do you really think Tesla put down a lot of effort in these increment changes for the S and X and then just come up with a complete re-design? I think they will in due course, but probably not within a year from now. That's my prediction and that will probably be completely wrong, but at least it's a prediction :)

Reactions: Olle and calisnow
I just got this email from our local Tesla gallery:

Hi [AmpedRealtor],

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m reaching out because we just announced an incentive on Model S and Model X P100D that I thought you may be interested in.

We are offering showroom incentives up to $30,000 off the original configuration price. This means you can lease Model S P100D for $1,500/month and Model X P100D for $1,600/month with 10,000 miles per year. Alternatively we are offering .99% APR financing or a cash purchase with the discount. These incentives are available for deliveries by September 30th 2017.

Lastly, we’ve reintroduced the Tesla Referral Program. You will receive a $1,000 credit towards the purchase of either a new Model S or Model X and Free Unlimited Supercharging.

It would be my pleasure to help you explore the options for a new Model S or Model X. If you are interested we can schedule a time for a call or if it is more convenient we can communicate via email.

Best regards,

Aaron Schenck | Sales Advisor
Is this a fire sale? What are "showroom incentives"?

Oy. At $30K off I would've pulled the trigger on that if available 12 weeks ago. Oh well - next time!

Where does the purported information about an interior refresh come from? Just speculation and aging of current Model S design, or has there been some more concrete information released? Looking at upgrading my S85 and salespeople at local store say no refresh in the offing, but I am aware of the historic lack of accuracy of information coming from Tesla store sales staff. Anything available that is more reliable?

Model 3 like interior upgrade in Q4?

HUD? ;)
They have changed all the seats with the new material. You can call that what you want. No more leather, only base material or 'premium' white/cream/black.

And those minor seat changes, yep.

Only other leak/change was the doc about the shifter stalk being the same as the 3.

Would the X change majorly after 18 months? Dunno about the S. We do have the 'August 21' AP hardware.

What constitutes another refresh?