Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Enhanced AutoPilot, when is AutoPark available in UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no USS with EAP, can anyone advise when Autopark should be available???
or what version of Software should have it?

EAP customers have had the car for upto 18 months and paid for EAP with 60% of features still missing.
I mainly got it for the Summon and Smart Summon feature, but who knows when that will arrive, especially when they cant get the simple stuff right.

Reactions: SergeyP
It's Tesla, they won't tell you. Could be soon, could be at the end of the universe, most likely somewhere inbetween.

If it's any consolation my car still has AutoPark as it has the USS sensors, but it's useless so you aren't missing anything you would actually use, same with all the other features you are missing. Summon occasionally has some utility, but only really to turn the wheels when I'm washing it.

So why pay for EAP in the first place if the features were "Upcoming" ?

Autopark is supposed to be coming soon, but seems to have gone a bit quiet since the initial reveal.

In my case I ordered the car in April 2022 on the basis that it would have USS and Autopark and Summon. Come late October, no Tesla had appeared, we'd sold my wife's car, she'd transferred to mine, and I was driving round in a Ford B-Max borrowed from my mother-in-law who had recently decided to stop driving due to age. Tesla then presented me with the options of agreeing to delay Autopark and Summon, or cancelling the order - something of a Hobson's choice in the circumstances,

• Informative
Reactions: Sonny-Jim
The frustration is completely justified. Tesla needs to port over the relevant portions of code that seems to deal with this on the USA firmware. Not sure how difficult that may be but it's time.
The problem is simple - Summon and Autopark rely on ultrasonics for distance control, the new cars don’t have them. Basically Tesla doesn’t trust its own marshmallow view enough to handle parking and summoning.

The problem is simple - Summon and Autopark rely on ultrasonics for distance control, the new cars don’t have them. Basically Tesla doesn’t trust its own marshmallow view enough to handle parking and summoning.
The new vision based system in the US actually looks to be a lot better than what they had before with USS. Just they've not shipped it to UK yet and not sure when they will. It's in the FSD branches I believe which are on older firmware than we have here.

Reactions: KennethS
Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated

So why pay for EAP in the first place if the features were "Upcoming" ?

Autopark is supposed to be coming soon, but seems to have gone a bit quiet since the initial reveal.
As "aq42" stated, i also ordered my car 5 months before the announcement of removal of USS thus very annoyed with this outcome.
its a lease car, so i just hope i get the feature before i get rid of the car.

☹️

I have no USS with EAP, can anyone advise when Autopark should be available???
or what version of Software should have it?

EAP customers have had the car for upto 18 months and paid for EAP with 60% of features still missing.
I mainly got it for the Summon and Smart Summon feature, but who knows when that will arrive, especially when they cant get the simple stuff right.
At my last pre-warranty expiration visit to a SC, the car autoparked itself. I pulled out and it did it again. Then I had to show it to the wife who was with me visiting Bletchley Park (recommended!)

New Autopark might not be far away, this is in 2024.14.5 which seems to be going to staff at the moment.

IMG_0234.png

New Autopark might not be far away, this is in 2024.14.5 which seems to be going to staff at the moment.

View attachment 1044989

Auto park and park assist are not the same.

Auto park is the EAP/FSD feature for the car parking itself, or attempting to if it sees a suitable space. This has always been available for USS equipped EAP/FSD vehicles- albeit with it actually offering a space always being an uncommon occurrence.

Park assist, as per the image, is the standard feature that displays some surrounding obstacles that might affect the drivers parking if they are not looking at their mirrors or cameras.

Quite a leap to suggest auto park requires vision based auto park to be implemented when USS vehicles have had vision based auto park for several years and ultrasonic auto park previously. Former allows car to park in a lined parking space, latter required a physically constrained space such as between vehicles and was even more uncommon to be offered in many common parking scenarios.

Auto park and park assist are not the same.

Auto park is the EAP/FSD feature for the car parking itself, or attempting to if it sees a suitable space. This has always been available for USS equipped EAP/FSD vehicles- albeit with it actually offering a space always being an uncommon occurrence.

Park assist, as per the image, is the standard feature that displays some surrounding obstacles that might affect the drivers parking if they are not looking at their mirrors or cameras.

Quite a leap to suggest auto park requires vision based auto park to be implemented when USS vehicles have had vision based auto park for several years and ultrasonic auto park previously. Former allows car to park in a lined parking space, latter required a physically constrained space such as between vehicles and was even more uncommon to be offered in many common parking scenarios.
Not that much of a leap actually, you might have missed it but Autopark for non-USS has been released as part of FSD 12 in the US on the 2024.3.x branch, just a couple week ago, for Vision only cars (non-USS)

The fact that they are now porting Park Assist for USS as an opt-in in 2024.14.5 as @GeorgeSymonds says, suggest they brought the bit of code used in 2024.3.25 (the US FSD branch) to the Rest of the World main release branch.

This time, they are starting with Park Assist, and then will bring Vision Based Autopark, possibly in the next iteration, as it's already been live for a couple weeks for FSD Beta Users on 12.3.6

I would bet it's imminent.

Not that much of a leap actually, you might have missed it but Autopark for non-USS has been released as part of FSD 12 in the US on the 2024.3.x branch, just a couple week ago, for Vision only cars (non-USS)

The fact that they are now porting Park Assist for USS as an opt-in in 2024.14.5 as @GeorgeSymonds says, suggest they brought the bit of code used in 2024.3.25 (the US FSD branch) to the Rest of the World main release branch

More than just a ‘bit of code’ I suspect.

Park assist is iirc based on the occupancy network that has been around for quite some time now in GA.

Autopark probably needs the NNs from FSD 12.

So until main GA code comes bundled with FSD 12 core, I suspect auto park is going to be short of more than just a bit of code.