Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't ordered my MYLR as is was waiting for next yr. But received a txt about the $3,750 credit if I would order from stock. Using my Zipcode I found about 8 cars in Atlanta inventory. I chose one and the pro forma invoice shows this special discount. Since I picked one from inventory the car is ready for delivery. For me it worked well as I don't have to wait for any reimbursement. They just deducted it from my price. However many of you with existing orders, waiting for months, will have confirm that the credit will be available to you. I thought it was for inventory cars only. I hope I am wrong. Most of you with previous orders probably locked in a lower price, so either way you win.
The credit is available to anyone who takes delivery in December even if you ordered in Feb (and yes there are Feb orders still waiting). And yes Feb/Mar people are already paying ~7K less than today's prices and they are now getting the ~$4K credit. Jackpot!! And they deserve it for waiting this long while Tesla continues to bump back their orders in order to fulfill higher margin orders placed after June's price increase.

The credit is available to anyone who takes delivery in December even if you ordered in Feb (and yes there are Feb orders still waiting). And yes Feb/Mar people are already paying ~7K less than today's prices and they are now getting the ~$4K credit. Jackpot!! And they deserve it for waiting this long while Tesla continues to bump back their orders in order to fulfill higher margin orders placed after June's price increase.

Wow man I just read this. You people made my day! I am taking delivery on 12/9!

I received my new statement of the "Due at Delivery" this evening (on the phone app) that reflects the $3,750 credit, and thus the lower balance. I am 4 days from delivery, so one might not need to wait for that "24 hours from delivery" notice of final price. This is very good for me since I have a couple days now to get back to my bank and turn in the cashier's check for the old higher amount and have them print me out another for the lower amount. Silly me wanting to get everything in order 6 days ahead of time. But.... a very nice surprise having to pay a little bit less now.

I received my new statement of the "Due at Delivery" this evening (on the phone app) that reflects the $3,750 credit, and thus the lower balance. I am 4 days from delivery, so one might not need to wait for that "24 hours from delivery" notice of final price. This is very good for me since I have a couple days now to get back to my bank and turn in the cashier's check for the old higher amount and have them print me out another for the lower amount. Silly me wanting to get everything in order 6 days ahead of time. But.... a very nice surprise having to pay a little bit less now.
You do know that you can call them up and tell them that you want to take delivery the next day(tomorrow) and they will welcome you?
My delivery date was suppose to be 12/4 but i called and told them i wanted to pick it up on the 2nd and they said sure, no problem. I looked into the building they were housing A LOT of tesla. They are really pushing them out this December.

Can someone explain why it’s half the federal rebate for 2023 delivery?
It’s an arbitrary number that Tesla thought would be enough to incentivize people to want to take delivery now rather than wait. They were right.

It’s worth noting that there’s a lot of risks involved in waiting for the fed tax credit:

The Model Y might not qualify at all (IRS might decide it doesn’t meet their definition of SUV).

The Model Y might only qualify for 1/2 the tax credit (depends on where the battery materials came from).

Certain builds of Model Y might be over the MSRP limit for the tax credit (depends on how IRS defines MSRP).

You do know that you can call them up and tell them that you want to take delivery the next day(tomorrow) and they will welcome you?
My delivery date was suppose to be 12/4 but i called and told them i wanted to pick it up on the 2nd and they said sure, no problem. I looked into the building they were housing A LOT of tesla. They are really pushing them out this December.

Yes, but I don't wish to wreck my job by picking up a car on a work day and tuesday is my next day off. Tesla is OK with that, as I moved the delivery up as it was from the original Thursday the 8th, which is a day they had set.

In addition to what singlestack said, it's the time value of money. You get $3,750 now or you wait until April, 2024 to receive whatever tax credit you turn out to be eligible for.
I know this is passed as a bill so it is law, who knows what will Tesla's qualify for the rebate. Also given the political situation they might try to slow play it and we will not have a good clarity until late 2023.

Reactions: cenwesi
I know this is passed as a bill so it is law, who knows what will Tesla's qualify for the rebate. Also given the political situation they might try to slow play it and we will not have a good clarity until late 2023.
With all the political stuff going on now with Elon, Twitter and the current government. I think and do believe they will try everything to screw and exclude Tesla from getting the full amount. Time will tell

Reactions: singlestack