Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
Btw, MCU2 AFAIK also has soldered on EMMC, so still the same problem, though maybe they reduced the logging?

It is 64G vs 8G ... after many repetitive writes to a single location, the data fails to record properly so a bigger emmc means a much longer time before failure.

“The emmc chips differ by the way, MCU1 is 8GB Hynix H26M42001FMR or similar, MCU2 is 64GB Micron MTFC64GAJAECE-AIT.”
Via: GROUP BUY - MCU-1 to MCU-2 Upgrade, Testing interest

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur and croman

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
We can now over analyze this tweet.
upload_2019-10-9_13-44-22.png

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Elon just froze all the MCU1 owners with that tweet. Anyone who had thoughts of trading up for a newer MCU2 car will do nothing now and sit back until he clarifies his tweet.
Well, not sure he and Fred are on the best of terms from some tweets I saw back when. Need someone else to get him next time to try to clarify.

I really don’t think he meant get caraoke working on MCU 1....

Reactions: scottf200

tyson

Nov 13, 2016
IA
Not to my knowledge, I think ingineer went through it in the video he did with Rich rebuilds on YouTube. Granted it was in reference to the model 3 but same same....

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur

StarLog

Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2019
MCO
One would think if TSLA, is watching this forum, they would stop all the Linux logging, and keep the TSLA logging.

It could be an easy push to the MCU1 systems, I imagine.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC