Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 13.5 hours to August, the month deliveries are supposed to commence. Where are the deliveries?! Stop making me hit refresh 1000 times/day!!!!! ;)

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. I'm supposed to be programming but instead this morning, for example, I watched a video of a Model 3 racing a bullet train between New York and Boston.

Not to worry, soon we'll all have our new cars and it will be grins all around.

Now this could be nothing - (as much as we are feeding on any tiny scrap of data/information)

Brotonne Bridge has just departed Oakland. It took 2 days to unload/load. This is much longer than the previous ships. See image.
Bad news - arrives Sydney August 30.

Attachments

• B089744E-0CF0-444D-AC71-58081B75BEE7.jpeg
    B089744E-0CF0-444D-AC71-58081B75BEE7.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 58
It's my birthday tomorrow. It's the least they could do :D:D
It's my 40th Birthday Today!
My dream 2 years ago (on my birthday) when I put my reservation in was to have the car by my 40th. My dream once I placed my order on the 31st of May was to at least receive a phone call by my 40th from Tesla saying my car has been built and is on the way...
Sadly I will have to contend with the same old holding pattern.

Happy Birthday rdwlf!

While I do EXACTLY the same as Grenadine (i.e. look for updates on delivery news for Australia at last 1,000 times a day), I am firmly of the view that a Model 3 - just like the great wizards of Middle Earth - arrives neither late nor early, but PRECISELY at the right time...

Also, without wanting to offend any religious sensitivities of other posters here, I believe Jesus had us Australian Model 3 fans in mind when he uttered the words ascribed to him in Mathew 20:16:

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."

We might have been the first in the world to queue for the Model 3 3 1/2 years ago, but we shall be the last to actually receive them. That must be God's plan for us...

Reactions: matsoutback
Perl? I think a model 3 search deserves something a bit more respectable than duct tape.

What's driving me more insane is not talking about it. I really don't want to tell any colleagues or friends. Paranoid about falling victim to the tall poppy syndrome.

Yes, I can empathise, as I also do not want to sound like tall poppy.

However, another reason for me not to talk to some people about it is because I was initially approached by some friends feigning interest, but then engaging in a lengthy discussion that revealed that they were not only anti EV, but did not believe in climate change.

In one instance, climate change denial came bundled with the entire package - homophobia, racism, nationalism, islamophobia... the lot.

I have decided to keep quiet about my Tesla until I can drive it. I then will only talk to those people about it who are interested in it - I suspect it will be mostly younger people.

I will not waste my time on people who are programmed (by the Murdoch press or otherwise) to hate EVs.

What's driving me more insane is not talking about it. I really don't want to tell any colleagues or friends. Paranoid about falling victim to the tall poppy syndrome.

I know what you mean but I have worked damned hard for every cent for this car, earned it and not wasted my money on frivolous things.

I'm quite prepared to also have shouting matches with anyone spewing the usual anti EV BS

Reactions: Vedaprime
Yes, I can empathise, as I also do not want to sound like tall poppy.

However, another reason for me not to talk to some people about it is because I was initially approached by some friends feigning interest, but then engaging in a lengthy discussion that revealed that they were not only anti EV, but did not believe in climate change.

In one instance, climate change denial came bundled with the entire package - homophobia, racism, nationalism, islamophobia... the lot.

I have decided to keep quiet about my Tesla until I can drive it. I then will only talk to those people about it who are interested in it - I suspect it will be mostly younger people.

I will not waste my time on people who are programmed (by the Murdoch press or otherwise) to hate EVs.

Don't ever be discouraged from discussing your Tesla with an EV critic, always hold the conversation on your terms that exploit their weakness- OIL, Australia imports a vast percentage of its oil based fuel from overseas at great cost, we have less than 3 weeks reserves that relies on open shipping channels. Generally the moment you mention the source of fuel for their ICE vehicles they STFU and hide.

Reactions: TPerth and baillies
Don't ever be discouraged from discussing your Tesla with an EV critic, always hold the conversation on your terms that exploit their weakness- OIL, Australia imports a vast percentage of its oil based fuel from overseas at great cost, we have less than 3 weeks reserves that relies on open shipping channels. Generally the moment you mention the source of fuel for their ICE vehicles they STFU and hide.

I feel you bro, but is it worth it?

Even if "they" shut up, they do not change their mind.

On the other hand, if you spend some of your time with someone who is already intrigued by Tesla, you might have a convert for life...

This is of course all serious EVangelist conversation - i.e. how to convert Australia to driving EVs ASAP, how to spread the religion.

It's my 40th Birthday Today!
My dream 2 years ago (on my birthday) when I put my reservation in was to have the car by my 40th. My dream once I placed my order on the 31st of May was to at least receive a phone call by my 40th from Tesla saying my car has been built and is on the way...
Sadly I will have to contend with the same old holding pattern.

My 40th is August next year... fingers crossed my Model 3 is delivered by then :p

how to convert Australia to driving EVs ASAP, how to spread the religion

I have to bite my tongue sometimes - I'm a dreadful bore on the subject.

But if I say anything, it's a bit like - here's the keys - it takes just over 3 seconds (the 0-100 time of a Model S) to get it. Oh, and I nearly forgot - the running costs at about 1/3 of a tiny 3-cylinder shopping car, and you wake up each morning with a full tank. But you already knew all that. The unbelievers are often quite interested to talk to someone who actually drives one because they have often heard a lot of *sugar* that doesn't add up, like high servicing costs, batteries that catch fire, and so on.

It's 13.5 hours to August, the month deliveries are supposed to commence. Where are the deliveries?! Stop making me hit refresh 1000 times/day!!!!! ;)

So glad its not just me!
I swear this damn Tesla Model 3 thing has brought out another person in me!!! All I do is obsess over the car and check every damn day for updates and new youtube videos or ANY info on the car at all. I dont have time to burn like this but I obssess over it like a 1990's highschool teenage girl obsessing over Jean-Claude Van Damme.

It's been 3 years, whats another few weeks going to do??