Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont we already pay for delivery? Do we have to pick up the car at the service center? the next service centre is millesss away for me.
No ‘dealer delivery’ is the cost of delivery to the ‘dealer’. Not sure if its still happening, but model s/x purchases outside syd, melb, bris from about sept last year had a delivery fee ($700 for memory) added to the car cost in the configurator final invoice to cover the additional transport cost.

For cars below the LCT threshold they often are, but quite the opposite for cars above the LCT threshold.

I have another question, no Apple CarPlay for Model 3? Needs annual subscription to get live traffic on Navigation or google map?
No Car Play or Android Auto. One year free connectivity the about $100 US after that. At least in the US, that is a pretty good deal compared to others. I paid more than that for one map update on my old car.

Standard Range + £38,050
Long Range £47,050
Performance £56,050

SR+ 38050 GBP = 70797 AUD
LR AWD 47050 GBP = 87510 AUD
P 56050 GBP = 104261 AUD

This includes all UK taxes

UK discussions are flaming on the pricing. 40K is when the luxury car tax kicks in for them, VAT is 20%.

A couple of other point picked up from various forums.
. No SR was available off menu
. No leasing option was being offered
. Pricing has some people not pulling the trigger in the UK

Yeah, Townsville lol. Are you in Cairns?

As for service, Tesla rents out a local businesses service centre here and flies up the techs for the current Teslas in Townsville.

I'm hoping with the new service plan on a needs only basis means my car won't actually need much servicing.

yeah. I am also in Mt Isa Aug-Nov so that will be entertaining with that small three phase charger. Are there that many Tesla's in Townsville? I've seen a Model S once in Cairns but I am sure he wasn't from here.

Can't find that option in the 3.

oh hmm maybe they changed it

P 56050 GBP = 104261 AUD

This includes all UK taxes

UK discussions are flaming on the pricing. 40K is when the luxury car tax kicks in for them, VAT is 20%.

A couple of other point picked up from various forums.
. No SR was available off menu
. No leasing option was being offered
. Pricing has some people not pulling the trigger in the UK
Does that mean that no LR RWD option off menu also? I suspect that can be likely but one can still hope.

P 56050 GBP = 104261 AUD

This includes all UK taxes. UK discussions are flaming on the pricing. 40K is when the luxury car tax kicks in for them, VAT is 20%.
You can’t just convert GBP to AUD. In UK, they have 20% VAT and 10% import duty. That’s 30% right there.

I never bothered udpdating my pricing model with the latest USD/AUD Model S/X prices to predict Model 3 prices, since the Configurator will open here within days, but I’m estimating the LR AWD will be in the range AUD 75-80k driveaway (not including insurance though).

I might be wrong but let’s see.

And even though you can't just convert to GBP to AUD like Vostok mentioned, it lists the Cash Price and mentions that it includes VAT of approx. £6,483.

So I had deducted that already in my calculation, and added the £3500 Plug-in Car Grant back on to get the actual price.

It didn't mention 10% Import Duty, but if that's the case it's the same as our 10% GST.
That means we'd be at Au$67,973 for SR+ incl QLD Stamp Duty. Compared to Au$67,079 on the Google Docs Calculator (just changed Stamp Duty to reflect QLD). That's pretty close to the expected price.

But I'm not sure I can stretch to what is almost a $70k car, if SR is not available off-menu. After just building a house and getting Solar/Powerwall (once they can actually deliver it), that's tough.
I can understand some I'm the UK being angry, that's quite a bit more money over there because of their taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miggy
And this stood out for me in the earnings call: "We can now build a 2nd Generation Model 3 Line in China, that we expect will be at least 50% cheaper per unit than our Model 3 related Lines in Freemont and at Gigafactory 1".

I understand that may not translate to a Model 3 that's 1/2 the price of current ones, and I would prefer one made in the US. But even in terms of logistics, it makes sense for us to get Chinese produced vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: Tension
OK I was spurred into action to refresh my model with current USD and AUD pricing for the six models S/X available in both markets.

The "sticker shock" is indeed there given the deterioration in AUD since my last refresh. Also the USD/AUD model for S/X prices used to be extremely linear but now there are some noticeable deviations for some configs. So the correlation is not as good as it used to be.

Anyway, here's my updated Model 3 price predictions prior to the AUS configurator opening. These are prices in NSW including delivery fee, GST, Stamp Duty and LCT (if applicable) but not registration or CTP:
  • SR+ $70560 (no LCT)
  • LR $86760 (inc LCT of $1837)
  • LRP $102 880 (inc LCT of 5380)
So I was way out with my earlier estimate based on a vague recollection of my previous modelling. Be prepared to dig fairly deeply if you want in. And converting GBP prices direct to AUD comes remarkably close to the above so apologies to vedaprime :) looks like you can do a straight currency conversion!

We will find out how close I am in less than a week...

It probably easier use a HPWC with some 4-core +earth cable and 32Amp 3 phase plug, but it be bulky to carry compared to an S or X. Or get an after market solution like a Juice Booster 2, etc.

Will the Australian Model 3 come with the UMC +10A tail and HPWC like the Model S/X?

The European/UK M3 comes with the UMC with 10A tail and a 16A single phase adapter(blue) and also a Type2 to Type2 cable but no HPWC(extra cost).

whats the 16A single phase adapter for? surely a 3 phase is always better as it will still work running on just one phase? Where do you even get 16A single phase from? Surely any place which offers 16A single phase would also have three phase?

edit: looks like commando single phase chargers are quite common in the UK. Bit strange. Apparently german cars also include a single 16A plug even though I can't even see commando charging ports in Germany....

Last edited:
whats the 16A single phase adapter for? surely a 3 phase is always better as it will still work running on just one phase? Where do you even get 16A single phase from? Surely any place which offers 16A single phase would also have three phase?
It's a single phase industrial connector, the 3 phase adapter seems to be not available anymore, like Tension says below, it's not listed on Tesla euro sites.
To the best of my knowledge, Tesla is no long selling the adaptor you need (I got the last one)

• SR+ $70560 (no LCT)
  • LR $86760 (inc LCT of $1837)
  • LRP $102 880 (inc LCT of 5380)
So I was way out with my earlier estimate based on a vague recollection of my previous modelling. Be prepared to dig fairly deeply if you want in. And converting GBP prices direct to AUD comes remarkably close to the above so apologies to vedaprime :) looks like you can do a straight currency conversion!

No apology necessary. These are base prices. All include autopilot. Dig real deep for FSD and colours.

We would all like to see 10%-15% less. The $75k mark is the sweet spot for LR in our market.

Any higher, I fear people will jump to Kona as an alternate range option.