Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone who has talked to Tesla has heard if the car will come with an HPWC like the S/X do here?
I too have been wondering about this recently. The Tesla web page says:
The Wall Connector is included with all new vehicles as standard equipment.
(Home Charging Installation - but I think I had to log in and change region to avoid being redirected to the non-en_AU one which I think is different).

The dude in the Chadstone store also told us that the HPWC comes with new cars - but I don't know whether he meant all available currently (i.e. S & X) or including the Model 3.

I had missed this from the earnings call. Elon talking about about the SR being a bit harder to order, but the "$35k offer is there and will remain there".

So that's a sign that the SR might be around longer than some off-menu items which disappear soon after.

There's probably a good reason the SR will be available from SC's only. If you order one there, you will no doubt be able to see and probably drive one to test. That way, when you order, it is yours.
If you order online, you can get a full refund within 7 days of delivery if it does not suit or something better has come along in the meantime.
It will probably be a lot easier for Tesla to offload as inventory a specked up 3 than the base model, which has had it's price trimmed to satisfy a certain demographic (fleet, price driven etc).

Reactions: tom_kauf
There's probably a good reason the SR will be available from SC's only.

So now I need to add interstate flights and accommodation to the "cost" of an SR :-/

I'm happy to fly interstate to pick it up (check it at the delivery centre before signing for it in case of issues, give it a bit of a test run, try out superchargers, before driving home via the ferry) but to do it twice just to buy what is supposed to be a mass market car is a bit extreme.

There's probably a good reason the SR will be available from SC's only.
I think this statement here is a bit misleading as the wording Tesla used was: "call or visit a Tesla store" and from the information they have provided so far, you can put the order for SR or RWD LR over the phone as well as SC-s, so you are not really required to be in a SC to put the order in.

If enough Tasmanians drive Teslas, they'll put in a service centre. (What do you do now for service, Chuq?)

At the moment, I use the workaround of driving a Leaf :p

I suppose we will get a service centre eventually, but Tesla added Perth, Adelaide and Canberra service centres as "grey dots" on the map a month or two ago, so Hobart won't be until the next tier after that. I don't begrudge them doing that, it's to be expected since our population is much smaller - there are only 22 Teslas that I know of here - but it would be nice if our online-only access kept us on as close to an even footing as possible.

As far as I know Tesla sends mobile rangers down here from Melbourne for a week or two at a time to do all the scheduled servicing. For the only person who I know that has had a major issue, they actually drove a loan car down on the ferry, left it here for a few weeks while the ranger drove their Tesla back to Melbourne service centre to work on. (This person also owns and managers a business which is a Tesla Powerwall installer, so he may have a bit more privilege.)

I meant if the Oz equipment levels/features for SR, SR+, LR etc are expected to be the same as US specs.
You can almost guarantee they will be the same. Europe has seen minimal changes to the cars and it wouldn't make sense for them to change anything on the production line for a smaller run apart from RHD and charger changes. SR becoming a software limited SR+ is a case in point.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq