Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t buy mats in America, unless you’re in Fremont they would only have LHD versions in stock and the front mats are a different shape.
Thanks - good thinking! I hadn’t thought of that. I’m actually going to Freemont and have a Tesla factory tour booked for a couple of weeks time, so really looking forward to that.
I think I’ll stick with the Aero Wheel Cap Kit, and maybe a Frunk Mat.

Following on from this, does anyone know if the prices for Tesla accessories in Australia are more expensive than in the US? (Accounting for GST / Sales Tax of course). I can see all the US prices on shop.tesla.com, but the Aussie site just has a PDF catalogue (only for Model S/X at the moment) with no prices.

Anyone here bought some accessories from Tesla in Aus and done a price comparison?

Reason I’m asking is that I’m in the US at the moment, so could potentially grab some here, but lugging a set of Model 3 carpet mats halfway around the world seems like overkill unless I’m going to save $$$.

Group buy on Tesla MOdel 3 wheel cap kits! :) A fiend and I have both ordered the SR+ with aero wheels and you can’t buy the wheel cap and lug kits here unless you go through ebay and get them shipped or drop ship them. I’ll take two of the $50US wheel caps kits if you can buy em and lug them halfway around the world haha.

Seriously though I’m in Melbourne and don’t want to go through all the hassle and extra cost of drop shipping the things. The USD to Aussie conversion is $50USD = $71.50 AUD. Then with drop shipping it would probably end up costing $100 for the kit. I’d rather give you some extra $’s for a couple of kits than some nameless drop shipping Company.

Group buy on Tesla MOdel 3 wheel cap kits! :) A fiend and I have both ordered the SR+ with aero wheels and you can’t buy the wheel cap and lug kits here unless you go through ebay and get them shipped or drop ship them. I’ll take two of the $50US wheel caps kits if you can buy em and lug them halfway around the world haha.

Seriously though I’m in Melbourne and don’t want to go through all the hassle and extra cost of drop shipping the things. The USD to Aussie conversion is $50USD = $71.50 AUD. Then with drop shipping it would probably end up costing $100 for the kit. I’d rather give you some extra $’s for a couple of kits than some nameless drop shipping Company.
I will definitely want the wheel cap and lug kit for M3, but am a little on the fence about getting them shipped from US, as I suspect that once the Model 3 starts actually arriving here, those may become available to purchase from Tesla here also. Unless someone can provide a reasonable precedent suggesting it might not?
With Model S and X accessories has the availability been reasonable? How long it took after the cars started arriving until the accessories became available? How has it been with EU, UK and China for the accessories availability?

Also if you get a chance to ask questions, would really want to know if the LR RWD will come to AUS and when? And as a bonus question about the availability of towing option for Australia :D
Okay, I’ll ask them about the following for Australia:
- Delivery dates
- White interior
- LR RWD
- LR AWD non-performance
- Towing capability
- Choice of wheels
- FSD legal progress in Australia
- RHD floor mats
- Supercharger rollout and CCS conversion
- Timing and AU$ cost of the Tesla Ute

I’m sure the tour guide / factory floor worker in Fremont will be well informed and able to speak with authority on all of these :rolleyes:

- Delivery dates
- White interior
- LR RWD
- LR AWD non-performance
- Towing capability
- Choice of wheels
- RHD floor mats

I’m sure the tour guide / factory floor worker in Fremont will be well informed and able to speak with authority on all of these :rolleyes:
I have found (3 tours) that the guides are excellent at history but know nothing at all about the future :D

Let me see what I can do... I’ll check out one of the Tesla service centres and see whether they keep them in stock and what the size of the pack is. It’s just a bunch of plastic caps (maybe the hub ones are metal?) so weight shouldn’t be much of an issue. Gimme a few days as I’m travelling at the mo.

Reactions: Stratman
- Delivery dates
- White interior
- LR RWD
- LR AWD non-performance
- Towing capability
- Choice of wheels
- RHD floor mats

Maybe add to that list availability of wheel cap kit for M3 in Australia?

Well that was quick- Tesla Australia response:

“At this stage we’re not sure exactly what parts and accessories will be available or when but we are looking into it and are hoping to launch to Model 3 parts and accessories locally in the coming months.”

OMG such a Tesla response. Coming soon, open shortly, Tesla time baby. How long have Tesla cars been sold here, 5 years and we can’t order bits online. I’m not holding my breath.

I doubt very much if Tesla has manufactured any cars for Australia yet as I have been following the VIN registrations closely and so far last batch of VIN numbers that were registered as RHD were registered well before Australian orders were opened. I believe the whole June has been dedicated to producing local USA orders for quick delivery before the end of quarter and before the tax rebate there reduces, so you should still have some time before your current order will actually go through the factory. Though it is likely they will want to make at least some of the Australian orders in the first half of July if they want to be able to deliver any before end of August. So if there is a chance to change it right at the start of July, it might get to the first batch.

There is a good chance that international orders have already started to be produced (painted) given anything in the last few days is unlikely to be delivered. With s/x AU production often started in the last week of the quarter. It is also possible that production of flat white won’t start for many weeks, although who knows it could have already started:)