Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, logged in, clicked on that and viewed the PDF, I've attached the document the link brought up.

Attachments

• ord_agreement.JPG
    ord_agreement.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 78
  • orderagreement_RNxxxxxxxxx.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 66
Found a few things by reverse engineering the Tesla configuration for Australia.

1. They had already coded the prices for LR RWD $74,000 and LR AWD $80,000 Long Zheng on Twitter

2. The LR AWD had a coded estimated delivery date of August, even though LR RWD does NOT have a date. I'm inclined to think LR AWD was pulled last minute for Australia. Long Zheng on Twitter

3. LR AWD has an estimated NEDC rated range of 620km Long Zheng on Twitter

I just made the move - was hoping for a LR AWD but went for performance lite (may switch back if LR AWD gets added ) - hoping for tow hitch option too but hey - not a deal breaker.

YOUR MODEL 3
Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

Bring on august !
Fine choice. Exactly the same as what I ordered. A few (hundred) more and Tesla has every reason to produce this spec quickly!

Ok finally bitten the bullet and ordered
Your Model 3 build details
  • Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Partial Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
Would have loved to get the performance, but even the SR+ was a real stretch as was hoping would end up at about $65K drive away, but unfortunately WA has the highest drive away prices $72K.
Will certainly be a huge upgrade from my 2006 Hyundai Accent , maybe just a little quicker!

View attachment 414019

Good luck everyone. One day it'll be my turn. But at just under $70k base and no SR option, this is not the 'affordable' car it was meant to be. Especially when we just built a house and getting solar & powerwall.
Jeez dude, it’s pretty close to what was promised. $35,000USD is $50,500AUD, then it’s gotta be RHD on a new line, then shipped to Australia, then local taxes added, and they through in Autopilot for free (which cost me $10,000 inc tax on my Model S).

I reckon Tesla have done well by the Australian buyers.

Don’t forget to factor in the savings on fuel and servicing, and the TCO is something like that of a bog standard, boring Hyundai Santa Fe or equivalent.

• Disagree
Reactions: tom_kauf and Dakah3
Found a few things by reverse engineering the Tesla configuration for Australia.

1. They had already coded the prices for LR RWD $74,000 and LR AWD $80,000 Long Zheng on Twitter

2. The LR AWD had a coded estimated delivery date of August, even though LR RWD does NOT have a date. I'm inclined to think LR AWD was pulled last minute for Australia. Long Zheng on Twitter

3. LR AWD has an estimated NEDC rated range of 620km Long Zheng on Twitter

that's odd, i thought the performance and AWD are the same car? How is the range so much lower in the performance? they have the same tires in the standard spec.

that's odd, i thought the performance and AWD are the same car? How is the range so much lower in the performance? they have the same tires in the standard spec.
Possibly (I'm hoping) they assume people buying performance lite are more inclined to gun it fairly often which reduces range. If you accelerate normally, I think the same range could be achieved.

Yes, potentially close to half price.

Elon in the last Earnings Call: "We can now build a 2nd Generation Model 3 Line in China, that we expect will be at least 50% cheaper per unit than our Model 3 related Lines in Freemont and at Gigafactory 1"

EDIT: And cheaper Freight costs.
The US factories are robot-heavy, which is a high initial cost but saves labour costs. China could have a good mix of robots and manual labour. It's no secret that one 1st-world employee (even fairly low-wage auto workers) gets in 1 hour what 8-10 Chinese workers get.
Possibly (I'm hoping) they assume people buying performance lite are more inclined to gun it fairly often which reduces range. If you accelerate normally, I think the same range could be achieved.

No, the lower range on performance is specific to the performance variant from the USA which has the optional performance pack stuff as standard (I.e 20’ wheels etc).

The performance without the performance pack has identical range to the LR AWD and ofcourse both a little less than the LR RW (which I suspect may never show up again for a long time).

No, the lower range on performance is specific to the performance variant from the USA which has the optional performance pack stuff as standard (I.e 20’ wheels etc).

The performance without the performance pack has identical range to the LR AWD and ofcourse both a little less than the LR RW (which I suspect may never show up again for a long time).

yeah I want the RWD but I guess I will have to be content with the AWD. the performance is 5k more + probably 1.5k more luxury tax which is fairly cheap here in Aus though.
I got no rush to order because I cannot take delivery until November anyway though.