Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Model S sales crashed, so they have to differentiate.
They might bring it back after the expected S update with ~ 650+km real world range using 2170 batteries

I am not sure this would be related to model S? I am thinking it is more related to the second hand model 3's becoming available in the US which are RWD. ie removing it as an option as a new vehicle makes them easier to sell as second hand. One possibility is a decision was made to sell them rather than upgrade them to V3 AP for the robotaxi fleet. Easier to wait for new ones especially if the resale value currently is high enough. I guess a few of the early adopters traded in for a P3D.

I am not sure this would be related to model S? I am thinking it is more related to the second hand model 3's becoming available in the US which are RWD. ie removing it as an option as a new vehicle makes them easier to sell as second hand. One possibility is a decision was made to sell them rather than upgrade them to V3 AP for the robotaxi fleet. Easier to wait for new ones especially if the resale value currently is high enough. I guess a few of the early adopters traded in for a P3D.
It’s a marketing/revenue decision. It’s been widely suggested that the differences between the Model 3 & S are too few to justify the price gap. Hence sales of S crashed & Tesla subsequently dropped the price significantly (especially the Performance model)
And if someone is purchasing predominantly based on range, it’s better on the Model 3 LR RWD than the Model S Standard Range

for real? so is there any difference between the two now?
Yes but there may be differences. The button starts by recognizing an electrical signal and is able to sequence things properly i.e. drop the window and then open the door. The emergency release is mechanically opening the door which triggers an electrical signal to drop the window. There is no guarantee that using the mechanical release will always drop the window in time to prevent issues. However, it does seem to have mitigated the issues early owners were having when passengers used the incorrect release.

Reactions: baillies
Was having a look at marine traffic near San Francisco- there’s a car carrier siting off Pier 80 where all the RHD model 3’s are sitting/being delivered- it’s called London Highway.. fair chance it’s going to pick up those cars.. doesn’t list a destination yet, wonder if will it be travelling to the UK, Europe or to Australia/NZ?
MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

There another car carrier moored further around the Bay- Glovis Countess.

There’s the Glovis Safety on it’s way from San Diego currently too, Glovis Safety, will arrive on July 7th.

Glovis Phoenix is still moored at SAN Diego too. That’s all I’ve seen so fa, could well be others nearby..

• Informative
Reactions: m4rtin
Was having a look at marine traffic near San Francisco- there’s a car carrier siting off Pier 80 where all the RHD model 3’s are sitting/being delivered- it’s called London Highway.. fair chance it’s going to pick up those cars.. doesn’t list a destination yet, wonder if will it be travelling to the UK, Europe or to Australia/NZ?

There’s the Glovis Safety on it’s way from San Diego currently too, Glovis Safety, will arrive on July 7th.

Glovis Phoenix is still moored at SAN Diego too. That’s all I’ve seen so fa, could well be others nearby..

Argh the joys of waiting for your first tesla, and stalking every possible ship.
If you work out which operator runs the ship they generally have a timetable online, and you can see the destinations and dates

Countess has sailed for Korea, so not her.

So after responding to that last email that I wanted to get LR RWD and towing options, I got a response from Tesla:

Hello Priit,

We have had no word on if these options will become available, however, when we receive feedback such as yours it is passed straight back to the US head office.

Rest assured, once we see any changes in our lineup, we will be sure to let you know.

Kind regards,
Marco VonBlack | HQ Inside Sales Advisor Australia and New Zealand

So anyone who just ignored the advertising email from Tesla about Model 3 because the options they want are not available, now would be a good time to send them responses as apparently they read them and pass them on to US head office...

So after responding to that last email that I wanted to get LR RWD and towing options, I got a response from Tesla:

Hello Priit,

We have had no word on if these options will become available, however, when we receive feedback such as yours it is passed straight back to the US head office.

Rest assured, once we see any changes in our lineup, we will be sure to let you know.

Kind regards,
Marco VonBlack | HQ Inside Sales Advisor Australia and New Zealand

So anyone who just ignored the advertising email from Tesla about Model 3 because the options they want are not available, now would be a good time to send them responses as apparently they read them and pass them on to US head office...
I just got the same response; mass answering...