Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just while our New Zealand cousins are celebrating, and assuming that it is the Seoul Express that is carrying our precious cargo, then for Sydney drivers according to this site:

Daily Vessel Movements | Port Authority New South Wales

it would mean that the ship arrives on 9/6/2019 at 12:30 pm on 6 Brotherson Dock

The exact location of the Dock can be seen here:

https://www.nswports.com.au/assets/Uploads/PDFs-General/MAP-PB-New-for-website.pdf

I wonder if the containers will go out to Erskine Park as suggested earlier by Fantomsss (#3217) or just to the 1/118 Bourke Street/Alexandria Service Centre, which is closer to Port Botany, but might struggle with larger numbers of cars?

Hard to say. The 3 demo cars seen on the street together 2 weeks ago came out of the direction of the port. But this is not a predicator of larger number of containers in Auckland. It’s a bigger logistically task than having 3 drivers.
They'll be taken to the euphoria containment and holding facility I'd suspect

Hmm, I dont have "Prepare for Delivery" ticked. I put my delivery address in (Christchurch) even though I want to fly to Auckland to collect. I wonder if Auckland deliveries are prioritised perhaps?

I was told in the Tesla showroom that South Island would be prioritised due to the longer lead in time so that deliveries are received across the country at the same time.

Reactions: freshmax
Model 3 questions answered today:
- v10 YouTube/Netflix hopefully on separate app rather than via non-existent browser
- Premium connectivity potentially equivalent of USD$100pa after 12m comp
- Accessories are scarce at this stage
- Floor mats premium interior only Tesla Tom on Twitter

- No further info on FSD price increase or NoA
- licence plate drilled into low profile bracket (video coming soon)
- White Seats on Perf only (same as US)
- Reason that LRAWD > Perf range is purely down to the aero wheels. Not software locked. Not battery nor power train.

Tesla Tom on Twitter

There appears to be speculation that this car assignment started in NZ because the cars arrived on a container ship. If that is the case, then the most likely ship appears to be SEOUL EXPRESS that arrived recently and will be going on to AUS with estimated arrival this Friday:
SEOUL EXPRESS - Container Ship (IMO: 9193305, MMSI: 211331640) | MyShipTracking
So this could be it, or it might just be wishful thinking. If they did arrive, they still have to get processed by customs and what other hoops the governments have set for importing vehicles, so don't any one hold their breath and just wait for Tesla to sort that all out.
Tesla sorred out importing cars years ago. The customs process is not slow.

Super annoying online delivery system. After entering my address it told me it was incorrect and defaulted to Auckland "United States". It's also impossible to navigate past the Trade-In screen. Finally, what's the difference between paying in "Cash" or "Self arranged loan"? They both end up with Tesla receiving $73k by direct credit unless people front up with a briefcase full of $20 bills...

5F3EABEE-FA30-4B66-BB13-637A84D16296.jpeg Repost vin registration dates, for those wondering how early their vin is -