Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long do the repair kits last?
Its not long. Gerard (adelaide tesla mechanic) gave me the info. One or two years for memory. The gel deteriorates.
Also there is a lot of conjecture around whether the kit will work with the Continental Silent tyres due to the foam insert, should the puncture be in the middle zone of the tyre. I dont know the tyre type on the 3.

Last edited:
Thanks for offering. I went back and changed the post code to a place I figured would have less crime and I got $1,100... I think I need to sell and move :/
Bear in mind that different insurers will have different assessments of risk for a given area. It's worth shopping around and seeing what different insurers (even different resellers of a given brand of insurance) will offer you.

The big problem for me is that I don't have a garage - "just" a carport. Allianz and their resellers refuse to insure me for that reason. RACV is happy to give me insurance, so I'll be able to get cover; it's just mildly annoying. (I'm not doing the full scale quote-and-compare until I have a delivery date. I'm just relieved to know I have at least one option open.)

Seriously no kit and no spare tyre? They should supply basic stuff like this.
Very few passenger cars have spares anymore because very few people bother to use them. They just call RACQ (etc).

As the tyres are foam lined* a sealant kit won't work either. Again, sealant kits rarely get you going again so their inclusion is of marginal benifit anyways.

* At least they are in the US - I suspect ours aren't. They get Michelin MXM4s but we get Michelin Pilot Sports. I plant to powder coat mine when they get here so I'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: baillies
Very few passenger cars have spares anymore because very few people bother to use them. They just call RACQ (etc).

I havent bought a car since 2011, so I must have missed this. But can't see why ppl would rather be towed than swap a tyre and be on their way quickly :)

As the tyres are foam lined* a sealant kit won't work either. Again, sealant kits rarely get you going again so their inclusion is of marginal benifit anyways.

I thought that the Tesla kit is a sealant kit.? If it doesn't work why do they sell it

Cap Capricorn is due in Auckland today 5pm local. It has just come into AIS range.

599B121A-183F-4C02-8BE3-03BDAC96DFD1.jpeg

I havent bought a car since 2011, so I must have missed this. But can't see why ppl would rather be towed than swap a tyre and be on their way quickly :)

I thought that the Tesla kit is a sealant kit.? If it doesn't work why do they sell it
The model s and x have significant torque on the wheel nuts. Most people would struggle to undo them roadside.
The cars also come with different tyres. Some have the foam insert, some dont.
I dont know the torque rating on the 3.