Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received our M3s hand delivered at Fremont after the factory tour today. Pity they are only model cars.
Navigate on autopilot is superb on our Turo M3. It flawlessly proposed lane changes and exits in San Francisco, which made driving much easier. The driver still has to accept the proposed manoeuvres, which the car then executes. Also the driver must still exert some turning resistance on the wheel (as normal with AP).
Driving to Reno tomorrow to collect two more Perth Tesla owners from Reno airport, so there will be 4 Perth owners on the Gigafactory tour.

Someone just uploaded a pic of this charger in QLD. Whoever installed this needs a talking to. How on earth are two cars supposed to charge in that space, one of which is disabled parking?

The cord isn't long enough and also it would obstruct the walkway when in use?

67767402_2517814151673421_5589417258729340928_o.jpg

All depends what "we" think.. how many orders do we think for Aust? (not reservations, there will be a lot more of those than actual orders). My guess, fwiw, is ~5000 reservations and ~1000 orders as of now. I have heard reservations estimates up to 8000 in the past (as well as much greater and less believable numbers)
If Tesla stays “mum” on this, we won’t have a good idea until about mid November, when the Q3 RMS (NSW) registration statistics come out and we see how many additional Teslas have been registered in the quarter, the vast majority of which will be Model 3 (S/X have dwindled to a trickle - only 39 in Q2). I don’t know of any other state in Australia that releases stats that make it possible to expose this. Then extrapolate NSW figures as a proxy for the nation, with some arbitrary de-rating.

Last edited: