Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparing cane toads and rabbits to cars?? My my what a nanny state we are indeed..
Clearly you're not understanding. They're fumigating the cars to make sure there aren't pests and what not that have hitched a ride into the country on the car. This is generally how others pests have got into countries in the past. While it's unlikely to happen, a little delay in your vehicle getting to you to prevent the risk of something destroying an entire ecosystem in your country is a fair trade off.

Total orders in Aus (reservations placed initial $1,500): ~7,000
Total who have placed configurations (paid $3,000): ~2,500

I have heard the 7000 figure before as well.

It is interesting for sure.. I am one of the original reservation holders. And also one of the 4,500 that have not, so far, proceeded to order.
My reason is the LR battery, to me, will cost a minimum of $ 23,000 to get a 17.5 kw h bigger battery .. so am hesitating at that price, and the SR+ doesn't suit my needs, not after the performance. ( FWIW i think the price of the SR+ is fine, so is the performance. )
So I am only a single sample of those that have yet to convert from reservation to order - I have no idea what the other 4,500 reservation holders are ding, some may have cancelled, some are holding our for the LR RWD to re-appear again, others may have difficulty with the money - situations change.

Tesla told me at Martin place, last week, that if I dont order I will miss out on September deliveries, and have to wait till December. They were busy in Martin place at the time , and I had an appointment so didn't hang around to ask more questions.

So perhaps Tesla are figuring out there options as to how to "convert " 4,500 reservation holders (might be less now ) , to actual sales orders.

Perhaps they can find the demand levers in marketing , so that after the 2,500 initial deliveries done, then another large batch in September, and another in December, and finally settle down to some kind of sales / manufacturing normality. End target of course between now and December would be to translate a far higher percentage from reservations to sales.

I've looked through but couldn't see it. Can someone confirm how their financing went down. I selected tesla organised. Then macqaurie. I got an email today from Them, filled out the forms, but nowhere did it ask how much I need. Is this somehow linked to tesla. Having said that I planned to pay more upfront. Or is it just a pre approval upto x amount and then tesla takes over.
I would call but I'm overseas and the timezone isn't ideal
You cant just pluck a roro out of the ocean on demand, they all have long term contracts.

I know what you mean and you are exactly right, but I couldn't control an audible laugh when I read your comment. Not like Tesla had 3 years to organise a roro for us!!! Cheers

• Funny
Reactions: Random206
When Tesla generates the tax invoice for me, there is no way they will be able to change the VIN after that point because once I send payment, I will be taking that invoice the same day to register the vehicle at accesscanberra.

This could present an issue if they change the vehicle after the fact. Hope they aren't tempted!

Clearly you're not understanding. They're fumigating the cars to make sure there aren't pests and what not that have hitched a ride into the country on the car. This is generally how others pests have got into countries in the past. While it's unlikely to happen, a little delay in your vehicle getting to you to prevent the risk of something destroying an entire ecosystem in your country is a fair trade off.
Relax..it’s sarcasm
And completely happy to wait as long as it takes to get rid of any environmental concerns. Please be happy now? :)

Reactions: aegidius
Just got this email from Tesla
It seems the trade-in offer has been accepted and you’ve completed your Delivery Milestones.

At this stage we expect deliveries to begin in September and will be prioritised based on reservation date, configuration and delivery location. Please note the registered owner of the Trade-In vehicle must be present at delivery. We will reach out in the coming weeks with a further update on timing. If you cannot take delivery within 7 days of the delivery date we provide we can simply mark you as ineligible for a vehicle until you are ready.
You're one step closer to getting behind the wheel of your Model 3!