Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know everyone here is busy tracking when they are picking up the car. However they may be a few of us still remaining that were hoping for a few more options to get added and/or other things to line up correctly.
I have been talking about that with a Tesla rep over the last couple of months while holding off putting the order in and keeping my reservation alive. Well, I got a call today from that Tesla rep and he mentioned that holding off is all fine, however I should know that they have been informed about a coming bump in the price. He said the information he has points to there being overall 2% price hike across the board starting next week Friday, but the exact time can vary as Tesla has sometimes done those changes without warnings. I suspect that is because of the weakening AUD. And a few weeks ago there was something in the press about China prices going up from end of August because of their currency rates dropping, so it does make sense.
So if you are on the fence like me, there is this to consider.

What are you waiting for in terms of options?

Delivery call this afternoon - Adelaide
P-. No finance. Res 2/19. Order Day1. PWall owner self referred.
- Scheduled 23/9 (they are starting in Adelaide then she said). Shows on my 'manage' page.
- Date may still change
- Will be delivered to me
- All Mel / Adl / Per are being done out of Tesla Melbourne
- VIN in source code a few days back 4433XX
- Waiting for Invoice
- Ins quote online from Commbank => $850 (No under 30s, $500 excess, incl windscreen I think - I need to go back and accept this!)

Reactions: one4spl
I know everyone here is busy tracking when they are picking up the car. However they may be a few of us still remaining that were hoping for a few more options to get added and/or other things to line up correctly.
I have been talking about that with a Tesla rep over the last couple of months while holding off putting the order in and keeping my reservation alive. Well, I got a call today from that Tesla rep and he mentioned that holding off is all fine, however I should know that they have been informed about a coming bump in the price. He said the information he has points to there being overall 2% price hike across the board starting next week Friday, but the exact time can vary as Tesla has sometimes done those changes without warnings. I suspect that is because of the weakening AUD. And a few weeks ago there was something in the press about China prices going up from end of August because of their currency rates dropping, so it does make sense.
So if you are on the fence like me, there is this to consider.

1st - people have been told all sorts of out of order BS to try and get you to order - we've had several stupid nonsensical pressure statements.

2nd - currency fluctuations look like they may indeed drive up prices for Oz/NZ in the short term

Am feeling very left out. Am I one of the only ones?

Never had a hidden VIN (check every day), no phone call, nothing.

mid 2017 res, 31st May order, SR+, Red, Sydney, Cash.

Also sold our 2nd car (the rego was running out) and so have been running the household off 1 car for the last 2 weeks due to my stupid ignorance that Tesla would honour their "August Delivery". If I have to wait till the end of September or later for the house to have 2 cars again, my wife may divorce me.

Reactions: BarnabySydney
Well deserved based on your early reservation, surprising that you need to wait till late September though.

I think they are finally being more realistic with their timeline. I too have received an email tonight clarifying the plan.
Maybe it's the white interior that I'm waiting on? Who knows.

This should be clarification for everyone so I am posting it.

upload_2019-8-23_19-0-24.png

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: paulp and Dave3333
Australia can not move to all electric vehicles fast enough.
Now if we could only clean up the electric grid by going to solar and lower utility costs. Time to dump coal for solar power. Drive that new Tesla on electrons from the sun. Wind and solar are safer cleaner and cheaper than fossil fuels. BEV's all electric vehicles are just better than ICE vehicles, no emissions, no noise, less fuel costs, less maintenance
Seems like Australia should be going clean and green. Why are the politicians still pushing fossil fuels.
Agree with everything you’ve said.

As to your last sentence, it is because they wouldn’t know what “disruption” is even if it smacked them in the face.

Also sold our 2nd car (the rego was running out) and so have been running the household off 1 car for the last 2 weeks due to my stupid ignorance that Tesla would honour their "August Delivery". If I have to wait till the end of September or later for the house to have 2 cars again, my wife may divorce me.
I feel you. I have been over-promising and under-delivering for years :rolleyes:. And my wife won't accept it anymore..Help me, Elon

• Funny
Reactions: paulp and SquatchM3
If I was Tesla, I would simply bump anyone calling a few spots down the list - and let them know this. My rationale: Any call takes up finite staff resources that could otherwise be applied towards expediting deliveries. Prioritise customers who take up least resources. Second and third "follow up" calls?!? Block numbers. Surely if we are able to block nuisance callers, corporations should be able to do the same. Just im-probablynotverypopular-ho
I gave you a +1 for the sentiment, @1st in Line, although I don’t think punitive measures are a good idea.

It seems obvious to me that calling Tesla will not make your car be delivered any faster. If anything, it will make it slower because as @1st in Line says, every minute spent answering a phone call is a minute spent not getting Model 3s ready for delivery.

Day 1 reservation of P3D+ in Sydney, with nothing, no hidden VIN, no call

Ok got my invoice today and VIN on it matches hidden one.
Delivery for week beginning 16th September, woohoo .
Now just need one of the first SR deliveries to confirm if comes with floor mats or not.
Tesla rep told me they don’t know yet and expect to have some on sale in October , What the ??

How many others have the steps stuck like this?
I have pepper finance approved. Reservation 9/4/16, ordered 31/5/19.
Getting paranoid that it's somehow stuck and not progressing as it should.
Brisbane SR+ White +FSD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.16.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.16.41 pm.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 39